X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on PC hardware upgrades for better performance

Hi,

Hope you can help.

I'm looking at upgrading my PC, make it a bit faster and render it able to play modern games without having the need to turn all the graphics settings down. I have a budget of around 500/600 to get any necessary hardware upgrades. Here are a few of my PC specs:

OS - Windows 10
    Motherboard - MSI Z77A-G41 (MS-7758) (SOCKET 0)
    GPU - 8192MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 480 (ATI)
    CPU - Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM - 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    Storage - 465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) & 465GB Hitachi HDT721050SLA360 (SATA)
    PSU - CX500

I've seen other posts where the OP has been advised to upgrade RAM and GPU, is this the case here or will I have to scrap most of my setup and start again?

Many thanks,

Chris.

To be honest, yours is a pretty well rounded system, but possibly a bit lacking in RAM..

What settings do you normally have to dial down to get acceptable FPS?
    Last edited by Aaron; 08-07-18, 13:16.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Hi Aaron,

A well rounded system? That's reassuring

In game settings, it's normally stuff like, anti-aliasing, motion blur, ambient occlusion, texture quality - usually have to mess about with these to get an acceptable FPS. Maybe I'm being too picky?
      Regards RAM, would I benefit from adding another 8GB? I have two free slots on my MB, would adding 2 x 4GB sticks of DDR3 make a difference do you think?

Cheers again,

Chris.

Comment

Yeah I'd probably start with the ram and see what difference that makes. More ram is never going to hurt at least!

Alternatively, you could use it as an excuse to get a whole new system, but you would probably be looking at a higher price than your budget allows to get something that will put perform your current setup.

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
        X