New build help itx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build help itx

hi guys, Iím looking to upgrade my current pc and I need it to edit 4K footage from my drone, I currently have a gtx970, a 256gb ssd, an i5 socket 1150 chip and 8gb of ddr3 ram, my current motherboard is h81mx itx. Where should I start my upgrade path?
    Currently upgrading my pc

Fogive my spelling/grammar mistakes I use my iPad to browse the forums

Has this forum died a death?

Comment

Really tricky question - I can see why you asked it, although to give an opinion needs more info.

First main important question is, which program are you using for video editing?

There are "quick win" upgrades, increasing your ram instantly comes to mind, but that's not that forwards thinking as you are investing in DDR3 when if you go new board, that will be redundant as you'll go DDR4.

The big one I think due to 4K video file sizes will be a larger SSD to process the files - your board doesn't appear to support M2 style etc.

There's not a lot of sugar coating the real issue though, video editing needs a powerhouse of a rig generally speaking, and ITX format you'll struggle to keep the noise down when you're working.
      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

The only upgrade to that system that can carry over to a new build would be an SSD. Other than that, you're likely to be looking at a complete new rig rather than upgrading that one.

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Thatís fine then I suppose if I need a new system Iíll have to bite the bullet and get one, can somebody spec me one? And is there any difference between amd and intel these days?

Comment

There's a lot that I'd weigh up before jumping on a new machine, and a lot more questions than usual for mITX systems. First few would be how big is the current case and which i5 it is. Also, what program and codecs are you using, since if they support GPU acceleration you'll find more gains in upgrading your GPU but if not it'll be next to pointless.
            I like haikus
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
            X