X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec-Me-A-Build 300 budget

Hi all,

hope your well

i'd like a pc that could play games such as cs:go and Player battlegrounds unknown, maybe some rust too.

my budget is 300 I've tried to have a play about on the website and spec one up myself but I've been out of the PC game for a while so my brains turned to mush.....Help! (it'd be cool to get a keyboard mouse combo too as there are some cheap ones on the website, not fussed about how the pc looks just a bog standard case will do!)

Do you have a copy of windows, or any other spares to throw at it ?

I built a PC for my kids, Ryzen3/B350, 8GB, case, psu... but I already had a monitor, 60gb SSD. mouse, kbd, and a copy of windows to throw in for "free".

A popular auction site is probably your best bet for a few items - I got a GTX560 2gb for 30 on there which helped my budget massively.

The reason I went with Ryzen/B350 was that in a year or two I can easily upgrade the cpu, ram, and I know it'll support upgrades for a good few years.
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I don't need a OS or hard drive just everything else, case,psu,ram,motherboard and graphics card?

Comment

This is what I've come up with for 297

Comment

DDR3 won't work in the DDR4 bundle (which has 4GB already). Maybe swap that for a 2nd 4GB DDR4 stick.

You'll need a new PSU and a GPU if you're going to game, and that case might be an absolute pain with any decent large graphics card - especially if power comes out in the drive bay area.

Going to see what I can come up with...
          --
          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

302 with no kbd/mouse
            https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/S3eWx--7IYX3lQmyEi0PMA,,
            --

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              There is no graphics card with that.

Comment

To be completely fair, I dont think you will get a great deal from Aria for 300 right now. Stock isnt there for the kinda things worth getting. You need a quad core minimum, 8gb ram minimum, along with a GTX 1050 minimum, that is already 300 budget. It is empty spending. You may wanna look for second hand parts or expand your budget.

Best case scenario is you will get a trashy dual core system with 4gb memory and throw away case/psu, with a gtx 1050. even then, it may not cut the mustard. Dont waste your money imo.

min spec for PUBG
                • MINIMUM:
                  • Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
                  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
                  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
                  • DirectX: Version 11
                  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
                  • Storage: 30 GB available space

so 4 threaded cpu, while the GTX1050 barely scrapes past min spec.
                Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 06-01-18, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post

There is no graphics card with that.
                  Yep, scroll up - that's why I mentioned that I got a GTX560 for 30 off a popular auction website
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post

Yep, scroll up - that's why I mentioned that I got a GTX560 for 30 off a popular auction website
                    didnt see that.

Comment

Cheers for the help, I really appreciate it.....So I can up my budget to 800 dead. I was looking at the MSI Trident 3 which I like but also has downsides IMO with CPU Temp and difficulty upgrading when I wanted too so I'm put off getting that.

So guys spec me one for 800 or 820 (20 for cheap keyboard and mouse combo) please

Again not fussed with OS - or a dvd/cd/blueray drive (that can be purchased later) I don't need any hard drives just the cables to power them/link up to motherboard.

I'd like the pc to handle light room and a mixture of games as states above -GTA/Skyrim/Player battlegrounds unknown

I Quieter PC would be nice but then again the ps4 is quite noisy so something on bar or similar in terms of noise with that.

Comment

MSI AMD Ryzen AM4 X370 XPOWER TITANIUM ATX Motherboard #68932 101.62 101.62
                        BitFenix Nova White Windowed Midi Tower Case #65578 25.12 25.12
                        AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 Core AM4 CPU +Wraith cooler #67474 176.71 176.71
                        Corsair 650 Watt VS650 Standard ATX PSU/Power Supply #64934 39.42 39.42
                        16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 2400MHz DDR4 Memory -Grey #68755 133.32 133.32
                        Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB G1 GAMING Graphics Card #66604 184.99 184.99
                        (click to empty your Shopping Basket)
                        (click if you have changed any details)
                        Financial options:
                        Click apply now to start! 12
                        Basket Total 661.19
                        Approx. Delivery 7.82
                        VAT 133.79
                        Total 802.81

Comment

The gigabyte graphics cards have great coolers. did try to get a GTX 1070 for the budget but they are still 200 more. The 6core/12 thread cpu is 65w TDP meaning its cool/quiet and the new wraith coolers are fairly decent/quieter than previous stock fans. It will have some OC room if you so wish to do so, and the additional cores/threads are great with adobe products.

That mobo was originally something like 280 on release, but it seems the price has dropped significantly to sell them, at that price its amazing (flagship features), especially when you consider that the AM4 platform will be around for at least the next gen of AMD chips.

Value corsair PSU more than enough to hold that system together with decent/fast RMA service from Corsair should you have any issues in 3 years, however, I would recommend extending the cost to maybe get the RM550/650i/x on the basis that the gold efficiency will pay for itself (in electricity saved) during its 7-10 year warranty.

Decent cheap case, decent 16gb memory.

The fact that the aesthetics all go well together is purely coincidental but a nice bonus.

An equivalent intel system in performance will add around 140 to the cost. (coffee lake 8600K + 70, equivalent Z370 mobo +60)

You could get a cheaper motherboard, but the stock at aria is a little limited and the one suggested is a fantastic sale price right now (only 2 left!) You could get a cheaper CPU (maybe Ryzen 3 1200 + OC), but you for 50 you are buying 8 extra threads over a straight up quad core. Great all round system there imo. and ofc, a logitech kb/mouse combo as you see fit will do the job, however, if you are gaming, I would recommend checking out 'Cougar' products as they offer great value/performance products.
                          Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 07-01-18, 23:53.

Comment

Working...
                          X