? upgrade for the new red dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? upgrade for the new red dead

Hello, I hope everyone is well, I've not been here a while, occasionally lurking but definitely out the loop

The PC everyone helped me spec is still running well for what I'm mostly playing now a days (CIV 6, my that's a time sink) but I'm finding myself in a conundrum

Getting the usual requests of this time of year of gifts from Santa, I'm lucky and I'm thinking of asking people to contribute to either an upgrade or a PS4. The reason being I really enjoyed the last Red Dead Redemption and thought the trailers look splendid, but I'm worried my current build wouldn't cope having heard GTA 5 was a bit brutal (I played that on my old PS3)

I know there's some useful transferrable parts

a couple of samsung SSDs 120 and 250
    750w power supply
    gtx970
    decent cheap but friendly and useful ATX case

But my main concern is a AMD FX-6300 with 8GB DDR3 corsair RAM at 2133. The reason for this CPU initally was budget based

Do people think the current will run the new Red Dead?
    Would a partial upgrade suffice? I'm presuming the 970 has plenty of legs left in it for now (1080 not 4k)

thanks all

x

For an upgrade you could probably get away with an FX8350, and another stick of RAM... However, Ideally you're looking at a new CPU, motherboard and RAM really... Ryzen 5 1600, B350 or X370 board, and 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz would be perfect. Or maybe something in an intel flavour?

Did they actually announce RDR2 was coming to PC though?
    Last edited by FunkY; 1 week ago.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkY View Post
      For an upgrade you could probably get away with an FX8350, and another stick of RAM... However, Ideally you're looking at a new CPU, motherboard and RAM really... Ryzen 5 1600, B350 or X370 board, and 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz would be perfect. Or maybe something in an intel flavour?

Did they actually announce RDR2 was coming to PC though?
      I'd happily jump ship to blue

and sheeeet, that didn't even cross my mind!?!?!?!? great point

Comment

Working...
      X