No announcement yet.

NEw build keeps freezing why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a better copy of Windows and reinstalled...30m and no freeze so far.

note Iíve not downloaded any drivers specifically for gpu as well, dunno if issue. Iíll check net and see if ok one two more hours hope so

Comment

Ok been 2hrs or so and installed drivers messed about on net pc even went to sleep and I pressed power on and it was all working fine.

seems like it was a dodgy windows messing it up...fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by upgraderbf3 View Post
        DIdnt hack anything was a clean smooth install...only bend a bit of soundcard to fit in but that was almost a day later so not an issue.
        Welcome back to the weird world of upgraderbf3. I've missed these amusing diversions.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Not that weird, you know th end of soundcard google xonar d2 if u wish, with all the audio inputs...it fits into edge of case, well it was to long so would t fit in case so I bent it up so it would fit in case.

in other news pc seems fine now I put new copy of Windows in,,,who wouldíve thought

Comment

Originally posted by upgraderbf3 View Post
            DIdnt hack anything was a clean smooth install...only bend a bit of soundcard to fit in but that was almost a day later so not an issue.

Not that weird, you know th end of soundcard google xonar d2 if u wish, with all the audio inputs...it fits into edge of case, well it was to long so would t fit in case so I bent it up so it would fit in case.

Cut chunks out of the case to make something fit by all means. Do NOT "bend" electrical components...
            Last edited by FunkY; 19-11-17, 14:41.
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I guess he means the tab on the bottom of the IO plate, in which case it's unlikely to have harmed anything.
              Still, shouldn't have needed such a dramatic solution
              Originally posted by coiler
              the trails is where life flows best
              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Just metal part not effecting electrics..anyway new Windows seems solved issue woo

Comment

Oh!

Just backplate... I had visions of a half snapped card wedged into place
                  Why did the chicken cross the road?
                  To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Minor point, if this is your 3rd build. You are still very much a system building newbie mate. Don't take anything for granted, even experienced system builders come across random bugs, crashes or hardware failures.
                    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Ye true if hardware dodgy not really my fault and hard to access

Comment

This was use of dodgy software though

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

This caught my attention..... motherboard. Wonít boot up when usb front plugged in slot apart from that again new msi. Medium?...... have you got the latest BIOS?
                          posted by scrivz69
                          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Well I donít know but as it work fine with new copy of Windows Iím happy, donít overly need the front usb slots, not sure why would t boot though

Comment

Working...
                            X