NEw build keeps freezing why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEw build keeps freezing why?

This is my 3rd pc build so Iím not a newbie and previous 2worked perfect after first construction.

cant thing what Iíve done wrong in the build.

monitored temps and they are fine.

if I leave on desktop 5-10mins when I come back itís froze. Nothing works, mouse keyboard etc I have to reboot.

when I press reset it boots with no message of error etc.

no idea whatís causing this to happen. Maybe I should try put all parts back in more secure and cables? Sure itís fine though.

Latest example.

im downloading far cry 3 ubiplay.

10mins later I go to pc and fine so I click internet explorer then boooom freeze nothing works need press reset.

so me pressing internet explorer caused freeze?

Comment

What does event viewer say under "Custom Views" and administrative events? Look for a critical error around the time of the last crash.

Have you run memtest? Overnight ideally. Check for ram errors.

Have you got an overclock? If so remove it.

Have you checked for an update to BIOS?

Is Windows up to date with all the latest drivers for your hardware?

These are just a few basic diagnostic steps to try and answer.
      My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Ok Iíll try all that and get back to you cheers

Comment

A critical error kernel power event Id 41 task category 63.

Comment

Think need check my psu cables

Comment

Well I redone the power cables made sure all right and correctly done but again itís crashed wtf..

Comment

Also possibility? I have windows 7 disc and win 10 upgrade on hdd. However I couldnít install win7 on pc and unable to get the iso for win10as on hdd.

so I got dodgy win10 on laptop to boot pc....see a lot of activation and authorisation errors, wonder if this causing the freezes also.

i will try access my old hdd and find my genuine win10iso and make a bootable dvd or usb boot and reinstall windows maybe that will solve it?

Comment

Kernal Power means the system shut down and it doesn't know why. This could be power related, I had a nightmare which turned out to be a power cable. What are the full specs?
                  My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Could your PSU be a bit underpowered for your new system?
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    the trails is where life flows best
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

or could the timing be irrelevant, but more to do with bending things to make them fit?
                      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Itís pretty neat in there gpu just cheap one atm donít need psu..psu is 630w thermaltake.

cant find my genuine windows 10 iso so not sure what to do.

its possible it is a windows issue with non genuine copy?

Not it much in the system can be power issue unless fault.

ryzen 1500x
                        b350 mobo
                        corsair vengeance 2 4gb 2400

Comment

Whatís the likelihood that my copy downloaded windows is the cause of freezing?

i canít finf my iso of wn10 so il need buy again I guess.

but is this really likely the problem?

Comment

I wouldn't know, I only use a genuine and activated install of Windows. I suspect it is unrelated and you have a hardware issue with RAM or dodgy PSU. It's hard to say but if you hacked things about to fit them, you may have caused some damage too.

Comment

DIdnt hack anything was a clean smooth install...only bend a bit of soundcard to fit in but that was almost a day later so not an issue.

wonder if hard drive is an issue.

cant do a ram test overnight unless it from boot? As pc wonít stay on long enough....could try boot each stick seperathey?

as for psu itís brand new and what about motherboard? If pc boots and cpu Temps are low itís unlikely thatís an issue?

psu. New quality thermaltake likely to be issue. Low? Possible bad cabling but every item has own lead so unlikely. 2cables into motherboard secure.

cpu. Works with low temps. Low?

motherboard. Wonít boot up when usb front plugged in slot apart from that again new msi. Medium?

gpu. Cheap second hand one just to get image until upgrade. Medium? Only used part. No other gpu to test and no integrated gfx on

Hard drive. New toshiba model. Possibly failing. No reports of issue. Medium?

ram. Brand new corsair Vengeance. How to test? Medium.

Last edited by upgraderbf3; 18-11-17, 22:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X