Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT are fitting a fibre cabinet at the top of my street can't wait should get the max up and down speeds as i'm only 4 doors away from it

theirs a storm coming
    Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

• Can't wait for infinity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zenxion View Post

Can't wait for infinity.
        I bet you cant, my mobile reaches faster speeds
        Screenshot_2012-07-22-21-37-04.jpg
        2007 - Thanks for many years of banter. Temporarily back for now..

Comment

• HOW THE HELL?

Only should be able to get 75 down

Comment

• My speed got doubled a few days ago:

Apparently upload speeds will double once every's download speeds are upped.
            CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

• Ahhhh

Comment

• Last 3 days speed tests all going via wifi on a meebox with differing results though today's result is about right as i'm on Virgin Media 20Mb/s

Today 24/7

Yesterday 23/7

Day before that 22/7
                "They're gonna find out
                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                But they're gonna find out
                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mache View Post
                  Mine sucks!

From this to this:

Well chuffed!

Project Antec 900

Comment

• What I used to get at best:

http://speedtest.net/result/1522715850.png

Here's a test I've just ran now

As I mentioned in the other post, very happy

Comment

• So i should now be on 60Mb/s through the VM upgarde as i was on 20Mb/s and my area has the upgrade plus i have a new Superhub but this is what i actually get when on wired connection

It is the fastest ever speed I've had in the years i've been with VM and before that telewest but not exactly close to the 60Mb/s i was hoping for. I hope within a day or 2 it gets up to full speed or close to it.

*Edit* Tried again this morning and better speed again.
                      Last edited by darklighthim; 15-08-12, 09:05.
                      "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Ohh yeah, this is more like it plus i seem to be getting about 6.6MB/s download from steam so i appear to be all good with my new speed.
                        "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
                          Ohh yeah, this is more like it plus i seem to be getting about 6.6MB/s download from steam so i appear to be all good with my new speed.
                          That's much better lol, if your speed drops again i'd give them a call or post on their forums.
                          CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

• The server(s) i used was the problem and that my net is actually fine. I was getting around 6.6mb/s download from steam compared to 2.2mb/s before so i can actually see the increase in a real world scenario so i think that also helps to assure me a little though i won't say it's 100% until i see more evidence of the speed i should get.

If i try Edinburgh which is the closet to me i get the following:

If i then try Aberdeen which i first found to give me a better speed than Edinburgh then i get:

Compare those 2 with the Hull server and it's exactly what i'd expect:
                            "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Just upgraded to ADSL2+

Ain't too shabby for 49dB attenuation and 3.5km from the exchange.

Comment

• They aint put the new cable in yet.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X