Talk to me about Ryzen Motherboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about Ryzen Motherboards

So a long time customer of mine is wanting a gaming build so looking about and thinking the ryzen 5 1500x looks a good buy so what are the real differences between b350 and x370
    these are the main things i've found so far

x370 has 8 lanes pci gen 2 b350 only 6 (i cant see that making any real difference)
    x370 has more sata ports and usb ( but shouldnt really be an issue either)

Anything ive missed out
    Reccomendations for a good solid board
    this is what i was considering reccomending

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=67251
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

sli support is the only major difference i think.

i would look about to see what people are saying in the big ryzen threads. i hear some makers are more on the ball with bios updates than others and that really seems to be the key for them atm
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

I've used this board in my son's build with a 1500x: https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=67632

It flies

He's got a better pc than me now lol.
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Ive been getting some random locks which resulted in the GPU stopping working for a period of time. I updated the BIOS to the new one they just released and now my Asus Prime x370 is stable.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
          Ive been getting some random locks which resulted in the GPU stopping working for a period of time. I updated the BIOS to the new one they just released and now my Asus Prime x370 is stable.
          Thanks for that.

Took delivery yesterday of a Prime 370 Pro, 1600X and 16GB of 2400Mhz Corsair for a customer.

Will advise him to update to the latest bios!
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Solid board

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Cheers guys am gonna reccomend he builds a 1500x round a b350 board with a 1060 6gb.
              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

For any system where you dont forsee using more than 1x gpu

gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
                ASUS ROG STRIX B350 F-Gaming
                MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
                ASROCK Fatal1ty B350 Gaming K4

They are all great boards, I think the strix is still shipped with a free game?

Comment

Working...
                X