Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont post to bios?

Hello ,

My HTPC has decide to stop working, i have stripped everything out cleared C-MOS and removed battery whilst power unplugged, its been decades since i had this kinda problem, but am i correct in thinking that the motherboard would still posted to bios if everything but the cpu and fan and memory was removed? my head is telling me the board is dead, but want to be sure i have eliminated everything that could stop it from posting before i get a replacement board, cheers

is there a speaker connected? if so any beeps?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
      is there a speaker connected? if so any beeps?
      no, im in the process of searching for it, got one here somewhere

Found it, but no beeps, of that not working either lol, think il just get a new board.
      Last edited by TAZ007; 30-10-16, 19:52.

Comment

Rip apart and rebuild.

Swap in known working components for current ones (Ram/Psu/Gpu)

Check existing components on another system. (Ram/Psu/Gpu)

Comment

No beeps usually mean boards toast.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

RMA request now in, i have a spare LGA1151 going so an excuse to get a 6700k in mine, and put the i3 in the HTPC, im as certain as i can be that its dead, thanks

I will test the speaker just in the other board just in case that not working

Comment

Try starting it with the motherboard outside of the case on a table or something - make sure something hasn't moved in the case and caused it to short out.

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
              X