SPI Flashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPI Flashing

Does anybody have any tips or suggestions to SPI flash an HP Board that had a failed bios flash?

Or suggest someone that can do it for a reasonable price?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Look on ebay for a preflashed chip (or a service that can flash the correct chip to a bios of your choice for you) then take the chip and the board down to a mobile phone repair shop and get the new chip soldered to the board (obviously you would phone around to see if anywhere would do this for you before buying the chip)..

IMO this would be much cheaper.

If i still had my Ir bga and hot air rework station id have taken this on for the price of a pint as it would literally be a few minutes work, but i sold the lot when i shut up shop.
    Last edited by Alfizzle; 06-10-16, 22:08.

Comment

The board has an Spi connection so I thought that would be the cheapest option?

I did contemplate grabbing a bios chip and try the piggy back method.

Done it successfully on a socketed bios...

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

You would think it would be cheaper, but after finding someone that can do it, shipping the board to and from them,

Also the fact that I bet there is not alot of people that need this kind of service, the person that's doing the flash can charge whatever they like. (Likely to be extortionate to make the business worth it due to a low customer base)

Cheapest option Imo, get chip, then get it soldered down a phone repair shop as they have to fiddle with micro USB charging ports and all sorts of micro soldering on a daily basis, they will have the correct tools too so it's likely to be pretty cheap for a one off repair/on the side job.

Comment

Working...
        X