Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Be quiet. Dark Rock Pro 3 Silent CPU Cooler for Extreme Overclocking
    Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card
    Corsair 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
    NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case

I have 2 monitors connected to my Video card and one to my motherboard but the one connected to my motherboard doesn't work.

I have installed all the drivers.

I am using DVI ports for all three monitors.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

In the bios, has the motherboard disabled on-board graphics because it's detected a seperate card?
    Only a guess
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Originally posted by coiler
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
      In the bios, has the motherboard disabled on-board graphics because it's detected a seperate card?
      Only a guess
      could you please advise me where to look in BOIS for that?
      This looks like the version of BIOS I have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixVg8m_qUCI

Comment

my understanding is that to use 3 displays from the graphics card, you need to connect to the graphics card?
        ie. not 2 in the GPU and 1 in the motherboard.

Comment

The above is correct. All monitors need to be connected to your GPU, not the iGPU as well as the GPU.
          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

well this is how I used 3 monitors with my GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 before and that worked just fine

Comment

with GTX 780

Comment

any ideas why it's different with this build ?

Comment

If a monitor was plugged into the motherboard, it would be using the iGPU on the motherboard. This would mean that anything being rendered on that monitor would be done by the iGPU. It is a much better solution to buy a cheap DVI to HDMI converter as you'd only have to bother with drivers for the discrete GPU. No idea why it would have worked before though, it's a weird setup.
                  I like haikus
                  But sometimes they don't make sense
                  Refrigerator

Comment

Have a look at Daisy Chaining your monitors from your GPU (Google and Youtube), As others have said, Connecting 1 monitor to the Motherboard socket will infact use the Intergrated graphics driver on the CPU rather than your dedicated GPU, having a dGPU you dont want to have your CPU gimped slightly running the iGPU simply for 1 monitor! xD
                    Inte l i7 4790k 4.4Ghz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 / G .Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3 2400MHz / Gigabyte GTX980ti Xtreme Gaming 6GB / 128GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD / 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD / 2TB Seagate HDDx2 / iiayama 40" 4K LED Monitor / Asus 27" 1080p Gaming LCD / Corsair Scimitar RGB Mouse - Corsair Strafe RGB Keyboard / Logitech 5.1 speskers - Corsair Vengance Gaming headset H2100

Comment

Working...
                    X