No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Recalling X79 UD3, UD5, G1.Assassin 2 Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all, none of the main stream companys have a ZERO defects for the products, if only, with the best efforts in the world sadly one or two products are going to fail, so why do we some slag a company off when it happens to them? ok i can understand the frustration but really, take a look on here, its not only Gigabyte boards that fail, ASUS,MSI, ASROCK, what is key to all this is how the company deals with the problem when it arises, and how can you slate a company for recalling your product, fixing or replacing it, and returning it to you, i think a some of you on here on have high expectations, well done Gigabyte for addressing the situation and doing the right thing regardless of how much this will cost them

Comment

GIGABYTE Recommends BIOS Update on Certain X79 Models

Hi All

It has come to our attention that certain X79 Series Motherboards (GA-X79-UD3, GA-X79-UD5, GA-X79-UD7, and G1.Assassin 2) may malfunction due to excess heat when performing Extreme Overclocking beyond the board’s limit. To address this issue and to ensure our product is being used as intended, we recommend existing X79 users to visit GIGABYTE’s official website to download and update their X79 series BIOS. The X79 series motherboards not named above are outside the scope of this statement and not applicable.

The latest X79 Series Motherboards BIOS update can be found below:

GA-X79-UD3 – Please update to BIOS F7

GA-X79-UD5 – Please update to BIOS F7

GA-X79-UD7 – Please update to BIOS F7

G1.Assassin 2 – Please update to BIOS F7

The guides for updating BIOS in X79 motherboards can be found at our Official Blog and Forum
      Join GIGABYTE UK at Facebook or Forum. Follow us on Twitter

Comment

how long will it take for motherboards to be supplied with the latest BIOS? IE has previous stock been recalled from retailers and replaced with those sporting the F7 BIOS?

after the news about the record OC for the I7 3930K on the UD3 the BIOS must be doing its job well!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
          Really lost faith in GB mobos recently, what with the Z68 with no on-board graphics as well
          I've never had faith in GB boards to be honest. I've never used them myself but I've got a few friends who have, and they've had nothing but problems with them; so I just avoided them from the start

As for onboard graphics, who the hell cares if it has onboard graphics or not?
          Why did the chicken cross the road?
          To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

GIGABYTE Recommends BIOS Update on Certain X79 Models

Originally posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
            how long will it take for motherboards to be supplied with the latest BIOS? IE has previous stock been recalled from retailers and replaced with those sporting the F7 BIOS?
            It will be done in the next 7 working days. We are contacting the resellers now.
            So it's not motherboards recall, rather BIOS recall instead. We have removed old faulty BIOS'es from our websites.

after the news about the record OC for the I7 3930K on the UD3 the BIOS must be doing its job well!
            Definitely. OC performance with new BIOS is not affected at all.
            Join GIGABYTE UK at Facebook or Forum. Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              It's not so much the lack of onboard (still useful with suspect gpu's) that bugs me, but more the lack of QuickSync and Virtu - 2 of the main selling points of Z68 over P67. GB already released some pretty decent P67 boards, so the only thing some of their Z68 offerings brought over P67 was SSD cacheing that very few people use anyway.

It's more the principle I think. Z68 is a decent chipset, so why leave out 2 of the 3 key selling points?
              Originally posted by FunkY View Post
              I've never had faith in GB boards to be honest. I've never used them myself but I've got a few friends who have, and they've had nothing but problems with them; so I just avoided them from the start

As for onboard graphics, who the hell cares if it has onboard graphics or not?
              See above Also, onboard is extremely useful if your GPU ever needs RMA'ing as you can still use your computer while you wait for a replacement.
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

not only there. Look at this comparison by Xfastest found at XS:
                Last edited by OCGamer; 04-01-12, 10:48.

Comment

Working...
                X