• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seb.F View Post
    Nope, only the X79 chipsets.
    Ah right, thanks
    Hope mine dosn't burn up in anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniperdude View Post
      don't really see what the fuss is about the no onboard graphics? most people would never use them.
      Originally posted by Sarky View Post
      Probably because not many enthusiasts use onboard graphics.
      It's not so much the lack of onboard (still useful with suspect gpu's) that bugs me, but more the lack of QuickSync and Virtu - 2 of the main selling points of Z68 over P67. GB already released some pretty decent P67 boards, so the only thing some of their Z68 offerings brought over P67 was SSD cacheing that very few people use anyway.

It's more the principle I think. Z68 is a decent chipset, so why leave out 2 of the 3 key selling points?
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Got to kind of agree with Sniperdude about the onboard graphics on the mobo. If you are going to spend that much on a mobo and cpu then you may as well treat yourself to a decent GPU.
        BUT it is useful if your GPU dies or your PCI-E slots fail on you I guess.
        I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
        Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

My faith in gigafail has gone down over the years, have to say that the last straw for me was when msi put the boards to the test about pci-e 3 claims and they fell short. Is safe to say I can't exactly trust the specs on the box anymore I look for another kinda box.

Comment

I thought they tested them with a 7970 and showed that PCIE3 was working fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
              Got to kind of agree with Sniperdude about the onboard graphics on the mobo. If you are going to spend that much on a mobo and cpu then you may as well treat yourself to a decent GPU.
              BUT it is useful if your GPU dies or your PCI-E slots fail on you I guess.
              It's not so much that, it's the quick sync, otherwise, why opt for Z68 over P67?
              Originally posted by Clockwise View Post
              My faith in gigafail has gone down over the years, have to say that the last straw for me was when msi put the boards to the test about pci-e 3 claims and they fell short. Is safe to say I can't exactly trust the specs on the box anymore I look for another kinda box.
              Except Gigabyte weren't lying, the primary lane will still run PCI-E 3.0 on 1155 with an IB CPU.
              They weren't telling the whole truth, but they didn't lie.

Comment

i dont get how anybody (bar nick and he just breaks everything anyway ) can lose faith in a company who saves cost on products where features wont be needed, saves costs on products by using proven (by them) tech instead of paying more for chips to do the same thing and then puts it hands up says yea, we need to fix this so open a ticket if you need it. to me it all sounds ace.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                  i dont get how anybody (bar nick and he just breaks everything anyway ) can lose faith in a company who saves cost on products where features wont be needed, saves costs on products by using proven (by them) tech instead of paying more for chips to do the same thing and then puts it hands up says yea, we need to fix this so open a ticket if you need it. to me it all sounds ace.
                  Is a fine line between saving cost and cutting corners, gigabyte imo cross the line more often than not.

Comment

But yeah, if they handle things even half as well as the P67 exchange I won't have any complaints... their service is brilliant in my experience and I have full faith they will get this sorted too.
                    Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
                    Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Yep - to reiterate what I told Nick - when I had my problems with my board originally, I sent a ticket through to them, they basically replicated my entire build exactly piece for piece and tested it in their lab (can't have been cheap either), it must have taken them like over 8 hours testing for just my ticket alone. Came back with fully detailed screenshots, descriptions etc. Was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwise View Post
                        Is a fine line between saving cost and cutting corners, gigabyte imo cross the line more often than not.
                        its a good job they have the best rma service in the uk then
                        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                        Plato

Comment

I heart gigabyte. Got my UD3H from them via aria a few months back and it's a very sturdy board, lived up to all my inexperienced fumbling (including dropping my i5 on the socket from a height of about 6 inches and at about a 45 degree angle from the correct orientation because my hand was shaking) and never missed a beat.

It's a nice piece of kit

Comment

This is why I love Gigabyte:

GIGBYTE has now isolated the problem and issued a BIOS update and has since given a lifetime warranty to all X79 users who are using the latest BIOS as a show of confidence in their component quality.
                            http://www.vortez.net/news_story/gig...w_and_fix.html
                            Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
                            Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
                            i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Awesome, I've never seen a mobo with a lifetime warranty iml! :O
                              I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
                              Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

Knew this'd be phases before I even clicked. Biggest place for manu's to skimp.

Respect to Gigabyte for recalling it, though.
                                Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X