• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many fan connectors?

Does anyone own/owned this mobo?
    https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...age=1&rqcType=

Was wondering how many fan connectors it has for a friends build thats all

EDIT: Mod can this be moved to the Mobo section please, thanks
    Last edited by Jacksb4; 26-12-11, 20:23.
    I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
    Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

The Gigabyte site says and shows

1 x CPU fan header
    2 x system fan headers
    1 x power fan header
    Pentium G620T | ASUS P8H61-I | 4GB Patriot 1333Mhz | 64GB Cruical M4 | Antec ISK300-150

Comment

I need to explain more:

My friend wants to install 3 of these onto the Avenger case (the Arianet one) as well as the one that comes with it. What splitters does he need to buy?

thanks
      I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D

Comment

Most fans should just connect to the fan headers on the motherboard, you can buy 3 pin splitters (I bought some in maplins the other day)He could spend the money on better things though but that's up to him.
        Last edited by Chaz; 26-12-11, 21:18.
        Originally posted by jointhedotz
        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

You could always just plug it into the psu?
          The North will never forget!

Comment

How do you plug the fans straight into the PSU?
            (prays it isnt really obvious)

Comment

The link to the fans shows that they come with the usual large four-pin jobbies that also feed juice to old hard drives and DVD/CD drives, not to mention graphics cards.

ACC_2656-300x199.jpg

I have yet to come across a power supply that does not offer more connections of that sort that you usually need. You can always add splitters to get more.

Given that the motherboard gets its power from the same PSU, the only reason for connecting a fan to the motherboard is to allow the board to control the fan. You don't really need that control for case fans.
              Attached Files
              Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
              Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
              Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

ok thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                X