Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer WMCP78M HELP

Morning Aria

Some time ago I posted a thread asking what upgrades I could do on my GF's Acer Aspire X3200, and the answer was none really because its only a 200w psu and the case is too small to fit a proper psu in.

So I am about to purchase a new case and PSU as stage #1 of the upgrade (already have a 2nd hand gtx260 a mate was kind enough to donate).

My question is will the motherboard Acer WMCP78M be a standard m-atx board? Have searched high and low using my limited skills to no avail and am throwing myself at the mercy of the forum experts

http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...usa&model=ps01 is the case it's going to go in, which says it supports atx and m-atx, so hopefully the mobo will fit, right?

If not, I have some spare standoffs lying around, would I be able to just drill holes and screw them in to teh mobo tray (assuming it lacks the holes already)?

Many thanks and merry christmas
    Last edited by Obsolete; 22-12-11, 16:35.

I would be really surprised if it didn't fit, my friend moved his Acer Space-saving PC into a standard ATX case and it was fine.
    An ATX case is backwards compatible with all smaller sizes of motherboards so the holes should be pre drilled.
    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
    Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Awesome, thanks very much

Comment

OK new problem.

The motherboard fits no problem in the case, but I can't get it to power up, most likely because I have misconnected the front header. There is no manual at all for this motherboard, but I now know it is a boxer and the front panel is labelled ledh1

It has a full row of 7 pins on the bottom row and a row of 4 a space and then 2 more on the top row.

Am just trying to get a picture now.

Also +ve is triangle right?

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember this problem when rehousing my friends Acer.
          All the front panel connectors are bundled into one on the old case. What you need to do is on the old case find the wires from the power button and work out where they go.
          Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
          Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Hmm yeah I ripped all those out in my eagerness to liberate the mobo

I eventually seem to have got it right by trial and error and some educated guesswork based on what i picked up building my sig rig

ps thanks again for the advice the other day, mobo slotted in like a glove, luckily it is a standard m-atx, no fan headers though wtf lol

Comment

Working...
            X