Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between these two Gigabyte boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between these two Gigabyte boards?

I am currently looking at the z68-UD5 (44416) or the UD3P (44487) as it looks like my GTX460 has taken out my motherboard. Is the UD5 worth the extra over the UD3P for use with a 2500K??

Cant see me using SLI and as far as I can see this is the main difference as the UD5 has 3 PCi ex slots and the UD3P has 2.

I have only previously had Gigabyte boards if any one can suggest any other boards that would run an overclocked 2500K and either a GTX460 or if I have to buy a new card a GTX560ti.

Looking at pairing it with 8gb of Geil Black dragon (47442)

Cheers guys
    Back up and running fully

I wouldn't buy either of those as neither have on-board video out (a key point of Z68)

Any Z68 should suit those requirements tbh, even the cheapest can o/c a 2500k to 4.5

I'd grab this tbh, has 2 USB3 and 2 SATA3 - http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=45563
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Spaceboy beat me to it.
      But yeah, you'd want onboard video
      The North will never forget!

Comment

What is the need for onboard if theres a gfx card. Am a little confused. I am guessing its to use the hd2000 gfx on the 2500k

Comment

Originally posted by UrKo View Post
          What is the need for onboard if theres a gfx card. Am a little confused. I am guessing its to use the hd2000 gfx on the 2500k
          If your gpu ever pops, or is suspected, it makes diagnosing easier. Also you can use Intel QuickSync provided by hd2000 for encoding / decoding.

Primary reason is you may as well for the money, it's cheaper than the others you were looking at, has on-board video out, and loses you nothing (unless you really need more than 2 sata3 or 2 usb3 - former is unlikely, latter is easily solved with a usb3 hub or add-on card)
          --
          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Any idea if the board is ivy compatible. Only reason I ask is that I am going to have to order in stages.

Its a shame the pcb isn't black like the two I mentioned.

Comment

Should be ivy compat, not sure though.

This one however is Ivy compat, BLACK, and has on-board video http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=46883
              --

Comment

Cheers spaceboy. I think I prefer to stick to the gigabyte one. Just gotta convince the other half to spend some money.

Comment

Working...
                X