Gigabyte touch BIOS anyone use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte touch BIOS anyone use it?

new version released yesterday for my board B11.1201.1 much more responsive than the last version
    opens in lest than half the time for me

still crap tho LOL

Originally posted by Sniperdude View Post
    still crap tho LOL
    That is hilarious! It is crap indeed...I don`t like it!
    "Black people can rap, white people can mix!"
    i5-2500k@3.3Ghz; Noctua NH-D14; Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4; 16 Gb Exceleram 1600Mhz;MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II; Crucial M4 256GB; 2x F3 500Gb Raid 0;WD 1TB+640Gb;Corsair HX750W; Bitfenix Ghost

Comment

I can't stand it, never used to work for me and cba to try again.
      Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
      Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

its actually much faster now so much so I would use it.

I think its the only software from gigabyte I actually will use.

haha NickCPC uses @ BIOS ;p

Comment

@BIOS actually works though! It's never failed for me (unlike TouchBIOS which never seemed to apply or save anything I set), it does the job and although from the design you can tell it's coded in the far east, in my experience there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it at all lol.
          Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
          Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

i will convert you to using Q flash instead

this is taken from the official Gigabyte support at tweak town LOL
            Please DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

This cannot be stressed enough. I cannot recommend using it AT ALL with all other available options

I have seen many Boards killed (IE: Bricked, that is your motherboard is now a brick and you will have to RMA your board) by using @BIOS. I would guess that more then 90% of RMA's due to a bad flash, were because of @BIOS alone.

Yes it may work for you once or twice but if you keep using it you will find out the hard way it is not a good idea. Windows based flashing has always been looked down on and likely will never be a accepted or recommended method to flash a BIOS

A few @BIOS "Bad flash" notes will be below

Now that the Much needed warning is out of the way, onto the subject at hand

Comment

I use it occasionally if theres a minor tweak I want to make without restarting.. But generally I just use the standard BIOS....

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

This cannot be stressed enough. I cannot recommend using it AT ALL with all other available options

I have seen many Boards killed (IE: Bricked, that is your motherboard is now a brick and you will have to RMA your board) by using @BIOS. I would guess that more then 90% of RMA's due to a bad flash, were because of @BIOS alone.

Yes it may work for you once or twice but if you keep using it you will find out the hard way it is not a good idea. Windows based flashing has always been looked down on and likely will never be a accepted or recommended method to flash a BIOS

A few @BIOS "Bad flash" notes will be below

Now that the Much needed warning is out of the way, onto the subject at hand
                Hatred of @BIOS! Niiice.

Ive used the Touch BIOS... never used any of the older ones, but im actually liking it! and as long as I remember to save to CMOS its all good
                Originally posted by omega
                He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

+1. I only use Q-Flash and never had any problem with this tool

BTW Touch BIOS OC guide is here: http://i4memory.com/f90/z68x-ud7-b3-...p-guide-30194/
                  Last edited by XtremeLuke; 23-12-11, 10:37. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                  X