Gigabyte P45 DS4 LGA775 post issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P45 DS4 LGA775 post issue

Over the last few weeks the time to complete post seems to take forever. Have increased Ram to 6gb from 2gb but the post is takibg almost 60 seconds possible more. Any ideas guys n gals.
    Back up and running fully

As it is only doing it since you added in the extra RAM, remove the sticks and see if it is back to normal. If it is, put the extra 4GB in and see how long it takes. It shouldn't take 10 seconds to POST anyway.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

mixed sticks of ram can cause issues, it sounds to me like the bios is setting the ram timings on auto.

try it with just the 2 2gb sticks in mate.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

It does the same which ever two sticks are in. Ram timings are setvto auto. Have even tried underclocking the 1066ram to 800mhz

Comment

well im assuming that if you had 2 gig to start with and then added 4 gig then you mite have 2 x 1gig and 2 x 2gig sticks? best bet is to clear Cmos, install the 2 x 2 gigs sticks, and sell the other 2 gig on ebay, ur system should run fine then, should never mix memory, mobo are fussy like that

P.S i have even know memory to be fussy about which slots the sit in, im luck, i only have 2 slots and btw, 4 gig is enough for most people

Comment

Now running at 3.42 for some reason it just started working lol

Comment

Working...
            X