No announcement yet.

Asrock motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh dont blame you for waiting for the next graphics cards, im doing the same.

nah its not a h100 it was a H50 that i've modified and fitted a dual radiator on it
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by BurningFeetMan View Post
      I've just ordered the Extreme4 Gen3 so basically i'm after some comforting words that it is a great board

Is it as good as it looks? It's the most I've ever spent on a motherboard so i'm hoping I haven't messed up. Every review seems to say it's very good, however one review slated it for having a very thin PCB. Don't suppose that matters once installed though
      Guaranteed you'll love the ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 mate - Only reviewer who slagged it off was on HardOCP (I think) who was basically biased against ASRock as they didn't give him one for free lol. He even continued on like a numpty and reviewed a confirmed faulty board and then cried like a baby afterwards that it didn't work.

My advice is stick with your 5850 and pickup another one for about 80 second hand - crossfire and you'll have the same performance as a 580

not only do these boards look gorgeous but for overclocking they are amazingly easy (unless your after more than 4.8ghz+!!!) - just select a standard OC profile and away you go
      4960x@4.7 | 16Gb@2400 | R9 290 | Custom W/C

Comment

Nice one Zoomee

Think that review is the one I have read too, like you say, he had a faulty board anyway.

Everywhere else seems to have great reviews on it. Can't wait till xmas to get it built
        Fractal Designs Define XL; Intel i5 2500k; Antec Kuhler 920; 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM; XFX HD5850;
        Corsair TX750M PSU; ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3; Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD; Intel 320 120GB SSD; 2 x Samsung 1TB
        & Loving it

Comment

Working...
        X