Asrock motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock motherboards

Whats your opinions/experence with them?
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition(CM Hyper 212 Plus) ASUS M4A89TD PRO| 8GB 1333MHz Mushkin silverline | Asus 6770 | 128GB M4 (1TB WD Caviar Black)| 750W XFX core edition |CM690 II Case

never been let down by Asrock.... I have had 5 different ones...my current one being the Asrock P67 Extreme 6 and its excellent...rock solid...good overclocker ( if that floats your boat )...regular bios updates and good all round support....my next board will be an Asrock X79 Extreme 9 Black edition !
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

On the whole I find them pretty good but there are one or two that were rubbish in my opinion.
      Asus Maximus VII Hero/Intel i7 4770k/32GB RipjawX/
      ROG Matrix 290X-P/SuperFlower Platinum 1000watt/
      Crucial M500 240GB/3x3TB WD Blue 6gbs/Asus 24x DVDRW/
      SBlaster Zx/Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Iiyama E2773HDS/Lokstor M51 5.25 HDD Bay

Comment

All the Asrocks I've had have been faultless over the years! Had one in one of my rigs that was 6 years old before I upgraded it!

Comment

Any opinions on MSI boards? I'm looking for cheap and reliable replacement mobo whilst I wait for my main(M4A89TD pro) to be replaced. I would be willing to just sit it out and wait but i've GOT to play Skyrim
          AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition(CM Hyper 212 Plus) ASUS M4A89TD PRO| 8GB 1333MHz Mushkin silverline | Asus 6770 | 128GB M4 (1TB WD Caviar Black)| 750W XFX core edition |CM690 II Case

Comment

I have had a Asrock p67 Extreme6 and now have a z68 extreme4 and both have been excellent! good regular BIOS updates and never a fault on them
            i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Have the p67 Fat. and it's an excellent board - fast, good OCer, very stable and looks amazing (imo)
              But I also like my MSI Z68 GD80, couldn't OC as much as the Asrock but it's far from less - stable as well but not so "good looking" as the Asrock

Comment

Asrock are good motherboards. I have found some MSI boards to be a bit flaky in the past. If I were to choose, I'd go with the Asrocker.
                Last edited by 633Squadron; 19-11-11, 20:25.
                Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

Got the Asrock P67 pro 3 and simply love it, cannot fault them for the price / performance.
                  For everything that could have been
                  Well at least we took the ride
                  There's no relief in bitterness
                  May as well let it die

Comment

The extreme series seem to be great value mate. Not sure about the AMD platform ones though as I havn't looked into them to be honest.
                    4960x@4.7 | 16Gb@2400 | R9 290 | Custom W/C

Comment

I've owned 4 Assrocks 1 failed, but I owned them years ago when they was known as the best of the budget boards, which even then they was very good. They are much better overall now in terms of competing on all fronts.
                      General: i5 2500K@4Ghz|Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3|8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600|Samsung F4s|Zotac GTX660 OC|BeQuiet PurePower 630w|Samson R5A|
                      Audio: C2Q Q9650@3.4Ghz|Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G|2GB OCZ Platinum|Seagate|7300GS Passive|EMU 1820M|BeQuiet modded PSU|Adam A7X (On finance!)

Comment

Originally posted by zoomee View Post
                        The extreme series seem to be great value mate. Not sure about the AMD platform ones though as I havn't looked into them to be honest.
                        I can't find a single review of the younger brother to the extreme series, "ASrock 970 Extreme3" which is a bummer because it comes at the sweeeetest price point ever, at 65! I want to OC on the board but I don't know how it performs.

@OP, as far as the Extreme series go, they've received praise all over different forums. I believe the bigger brother is the cheapest board to do Trifire.
                        And warranty seems to be on the better side....although I've never RMAd an item myself before.

Comment

Originally posted by Finners View Post
                          I have had a Asrock p67 Extreme6 and now have a z68 extreme4 and both have been excellent! good regular BIOS updates and never a fault on them
                          I've just ordered the Extreme4 Gen3 so basically i'm after some comforting words that it is a great board

Is it as good as it looks? It's the most I've ever spent on a motherboard so i'm hoping I haven't messed up. Every review seems to say it's very good, however one review slated it for having a very thin PCB. Don't suppose that matters once installed though
                          Fractal Designs Define XL; Intel i5 2500k; Antec Kuhler 920; 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM; XFX HD5850;
                          Corsair TX750M PSU; ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3; Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD; Intel 320 120GB SSD; 2 x Samsung 1TB
                          & Loving it

Comment

Originally posted by BurningFeetMan View Post
                            I've just ordered the Extreme4 Gen3 so basically i'm after some comforting words that it is a great board

Is it as good as it looks? It's the most I've ever spent on a motherboard so i'm hoping I haven't messed up. Every review seems to say it's very good, however one review slated it for having a very thin PCB. Don't suppose that matters once installed though
                            yes it is a great board!

You actually have ordered the upgraded version of my one, the gen3. So its better looking then mine and supports PCI-E 3.0, so even better!

what cooler do you have on your GPU? id recommend a twin frozr matches the motherboard heat sinks nicely

this is with my old p67 board

2e4w3d3.jpg
                            i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Nice looking rig mate

Is that a Corsair H100? Looks nice anyway! I'll be using the Antec Kuhler 920 (as long as it fits in the new case), if not, the 620 instead.

My XFX 5850 is about the only peice of kit i'm not replacing just now, I don't think it will look too bad as it's got a dark grey/black PCB.

Obviously that's a 5830 but the 5850 is near the same

Will upgrade that probably when the 7*** series comes out
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BurningFeetMan; 19-11-11, 20:27. Reason: wrong pic
                              Fractal Designs Define XL; Intel i5 2500k; Antec Kuhler 920; 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM; XFX HD5850;
                              Corsair TX750M PSU; ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3; Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD; Intel 320 120GB SSD; 2 x Samsung 1TB
                              & Loving it

Comment

Working...
                              X