gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3+amd fx-6100 will not enter post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3+amd fx-6100 will not enter post

Dear all first time poster here hoping someone can help.I have just assembled my new motherboard and cpu but i can't get it to enter post there is power to the mobo becauce the cpu fan starts as well as the graphics fan,It sounds like the board is restarting it self every 10 seconds or so because the graphics fan slows down then picks up again.The graphics card,ram and psu are all working fine because when i put them back in my old setup everything works ok.My set is amd fx6100,gigabyte GA-990FXA-ud3,evga gtx 260,8GB corsair vengence 1600mhz tagen 600w psu.I would be greatful if anyone has any ideas what to do next.I will just add that i dont have any spare cpu's to try as thi is my first amd build i normally stick to intel.

does the cpu had any bent or missing pins?

do you have a cpu you could swap in to test if it is the cpu?

if its not the cpu it could be the board but i would bet its cpu tbh :/

it coould be the bois needs updating but idk :\
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

thanks for the reply.Ihave checked the pins and they are fine,ican't update the bios yet because there is nothinh on the screen.I have to say that i think the cpu is no good but that is just a guess.I will just get aria to collect and replace the lot,perhaps i should have stuck with asus and intel.

Comment

Might be worth resetting the BIOS ? A mobo that constantly resets itself sound like it's run into a stability issue.

I would personally try the following...

reset BIOS (manual should explain this, and moving the jumper)
        remove gpu, disconnect any dvd/hdds, and go down to a single stick of RAM. Turn it on and see if it sounds like it's staying on properly. Then try again with the gpu connected but still 1 stick ram and no hdds.

keep adding components 1 at a time.

Also, worth trying a different PCIExpress slot.

Good luck
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

HI spaceboy thanks for the reply i have done everything you said apart from trying the other pciexpress slot hope that works.

Comment

forgot to mention, try a single stick in various ram slots too.
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

just tried swapping the pciexpress slots still the same thing.

Comment

new update just fitted a speaker to the motherboard and there are no sounds heard,i know the speaker is working because it works on my other pc.does this sound like a dead motherboard.

Comment

Just DSR the lot and go Intel, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
                  Although it could need a BIOS update, as there's another on another forum who had the same thing, solved with a BIOS update.

Comment

The board needs flashing.
                    Last edited by Josh; 27-10-11, 21:01.
                    Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

i cant flash the bios because i can't get into the bios nothing appears on screen,no beeps just cpu+graphics fans spinning.

Comment

gigabyte say i need to update the bios,Does anyone know if i can do that without the cpu in the board.

Comment

Originally posted by aceventura View Post
                          gigabyte say i need to update the bios,Does anyone know if i can do that without the cpu in the board.
                          Got a different CPU to try? You need a CPU in to do anything.
                          Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
                          Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
                          i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Hi thats what i thought,It makes me laugh that whan they make a motherboard that says it's read for the new processor and when it turns up it needs an older cpu in so you can update the bios so it will take the new cpu.I'm posting the board and cpu back to aria today so they can sort this mess out,i don't have an older cpu to put in the board so there is no way i can update the bios,and they better not try and charge me a fee for testing.

Comment

Working...
                            X