Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dram Led of Death on ASUS P8P67 Pro

ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard!:
    System has power, switches on, mem light comes on fully, system powers off for 3 secs then powers up again. and thats it, no post screen, no beep, nothing just the solid mem led.
    I tried mem in alternate slots, a1,b1 then a2, b2, I tried 1 stick of ram both slots. I tried holding in mem button for it to try autotuning the mem timings, it reboots and flashes the mem led but eventually finishes it's test with a solid mem light. I tried resetting the CMOS still the same, The 8GB Mushkin Silverline #996770 (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 isnt on the QVL in motherboard manual so I got some G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL - memory - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 and still the same. Should I send back the motherboard?

sounds like it TBH. there is a possibility of it being the CPU, so if possible, try and independently verify that. (difficult i know if you only have one MOBO and one CPU...)
    Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
    Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

Yeah I only have one of each Ive read two threads about this on OC website one fixed it with the G-skill ram but that hasnt worked for me!

http://forums.********************/s...php?t=18228945

http://forums.********************/s...php?t=18228203

Added after 3 minutes:

Do you know how to get aria tech guys onto this thread?
      Last edited by Sanchez; 29-06-11, 17:47. Reason: Auto edit by merge post

Comment

the tech support really depends on where you brought it

Different PSU? Time to eliminate one by one, all the way through the system.

DT.
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

I got everything from aria just last thursday built it saturday and been trying to sort it since! New RAM(G-Skill) came today from amazon, The PSU is fine i think because everything powers up?
          700W OCZ ModXStream Pro Modular Silent SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX2.2 Power Supply
          Corsair H70 Water-Cooling CPU Cooler
          8GB Mushkin Silverline #996770 (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
          Edimax 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Adapter
          ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
          Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
          2TB Seagate Barracuda LP ST2000DL003 SATA 6GB/s Hard Drive
          Asus ATI Radeon HD 6870 DirectCU 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE Shogun 2 Game
          OCZ Solid 3 120GB 2.5" SATA-III Solid State Hard Drive
          Last edited by Sanchez; 29-06-11, 18:36.

Comment

which slots are you putting the ram in, and have you tried the button that's on the board for ram test?

DT.
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

I've tried 1 stick of RAM only in every single slot using the mem ok tuning feature and once its gone through all tests stays solid red again, there seems to be alot of this problem in forums all over internet just by googling "ASUS P8P67 Pro dram solid red led light"

Comment

I've got the same board, no problems at all for me. As it's a recent order, ring CustomerService and I'm sure they will sort something out for you.

DT.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

yeah im going to ring in the morning, what kit do u have running on this board is it the exact same board coz ive only read problems with the pro?

Comment

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54443

DT.
                    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

So you got the exact board cpu and memory as me.
                      I rang and they said to run the board outside of the case minimal components but i dont really have a surface I would be able to do that on, I assembled the motherboard in the case. They said to check the cpu socket for bent pins and this would void warranty! he said if i rule it to be the board to rma it. so basically i need to find a shop local to test these things for me i think, never had trouble before and this is 4th machine ive built :s
                      Last edited by Sanchez; 30-06-11, 10:28.

Comment

was cpu :/

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of Sandybridge CPUs spontaneously dying lately. Though I imagine most of those deaths are due to being run at rediculous speeds
                          Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

well not in this case as it never ever booted up lol

Comment

Lol, fair do's, good to know it's sorted now though
                              Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X