• Show
Clear All

when people think EVGA they think

or

lol but not

though i guess EVGAs warrantee and service is still worth going for

Comment

SB is not meant to be high end so why make uber high end boards for it
      Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Strawberry View Post
        SB is not meant to be high end so why make uber high end boards for it
        Although the OP does show a relatively high-end board IMO. Also, BF, couldn't you of at least got 3 boards all from the same form factor for comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
          Although the OP does show a relatively high-end board IMO. Also, BF, couldn't you of at least got 3 boards all from the same form factor for comparison?
          im just sour they dont make AMD boards

Comment

Originally posted by I3r0k3N7FEET View Post
            im just sour they dont make AMD boards

That's because they cater for the "performance and enthusiast" market...

To be honest, this board is mostly going to appeal to most people with either far tooooo much money or the extreme overclockers as it has all of the features an extreme overclocker would want and eVGA have proven themselves in the past to be absolutely amazing when things start getting cold.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

But the problem is that overclockers will only be able to OC using mulipliers and be very limited on the BCLK so there's no real point in making such an OTT board...

I like the usage of the NEC Tokin capacitors though. The Maximus IV Extreme also uses it.

CPU Cooler Round up

Comment

Regardless of platform fundamentals, it could still be a high quality board.

Comment

Working...
                X