Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-G41M locking up

Hi
    Anybody had problems with this motherboard, i have had this board for a few months and it has just started locking up, video freezes and there is a buzzing noise from the audio. I only use this as a media centre pc, so it is not overclocked or used heavily.
    I have noticed that the silver heatsink with gigabyte written on it, i think this is the northbridge ??? gets really really hot, cannot hold my finger on it for too long??

Cheers

Nick

Have you tried different ram?

I've had major issue recently with a G33 board turned out to be the board not liking the Ram I was using.

Is the board overclocked at all?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post

Is the board overclocked at all?
      nope

Originally posted by nick911 View Post
      . I only use this as a media centre pc, so it is not overclocked or used heavily.
      i7 6700 | Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB | Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H | Corsair AX850 | Fractal Design Mini
      i3 6100 | Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 | WD Red 4TB x2 | Gigabyte GA-Z170N Wi-Fi | Corsair CMX 430M | Fractal Design Node 804

Comment

Doh

Might be worth setting a fan to temporarily blow over it to rule out the NB overheating.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

have you manually set all of your RAM timings and voltages?

The Northbridge on the G41 does get extremely hot, so it could be that its overheating. What case are you using?
          : CM 690 II ADV : HX 750 : Rampage II Extreme : i7 930 @ 4200mhz : 6GB Patriot Viper 1600 : GTX 285 SLI : Samsung 470 128GB RAID0 : U2412M : W7Ux64 :

Comment

My nb gets extramly hot too but it's as stable as a rock.

what i think is the first call of order is have your tried any stress testing?

Comment

Hi guys

thanks for the reply, i think it is an overheating issue, removed the cover (thermaltake media centre case) and it didnt lock up. It looks i will have to put additional cooling even tho i want it a quite as possible as it sits in the livingroom

cheers
              nick

Comment

Working...
              X