P55 boards with SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55 boards with SLI

In the market for a new rig and know what I want exactly pretty much apart from the mobo.

I'm gonna get an i5 and a gtx 460; however, I can't make up my mind on a mobo as I don't really wanna be spending 100+ on it.

What I want is:

p55
    sli compatible
    USB3 & 6gbps (not essential)

For less than 100 if possible. Can't seem to find much to match that.

Thanks
    I HAVE a computer. I have a thing for cats.
    Introducing, picard

maybe an ASRock Extreme4 - but I suspect you'll have to go a little over 100

if budget is really tight do you really need USB3.0? you could buy an expansion card at a later time?

Comment

No I don't really need it. Well not at all at the moment hence why it's not essential, but these things are always nice!
      Introducing, picard

Comment

you can get hacked drivers that will sli on any intel chipset from the p35 onwards if you google it so aslong as it has 2 pcie slots your good to go
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFlash View Post
          No I don't really need it. Well not at all at the moment hence why it's not essential, but these things are always nice!
          most USB3.0 stuff are really expensive so there is no point to be honest in it
          just wait till SB comes later this year or next year when it is fully supported

i would recomend this as it is 28ish under your budget and supports 2 way sli
          http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=40781
          Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
            you can get hacked drivers that will sli on any intel chipset from the p35 onwards if you google it so aslong as it has 2 pcie slots your good to go

yes except i assume the op doesnt want to be waiting months after the orignal drivers release for the hacked version's to turn up.

Comment

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=40781

Thats my mobo i run a i5 on it with Gtx460 but have not tried sli but the mobo looks like it can run nicely in sli

Comment

Originally posted by theelusiveyoda View Post
                yes except i assume the op doesnt want to be waiting months after the orignal drivers release for the hacked version's to turn up.
                idk i have seen them out in a matter of weeks, and the new 260s was only days but i guess it depends where you looking really.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Cheers Mr Strawberry and Tricky, looks good. Dunno why, but people tend to focus upon ASUS and Gigabyte mobos so I'm up for looking at other brands.

Marsey appreciate the recommendation, bit of a noob with mobo hacks so wouldn't know what to do!
                  Introducing, picard

Comment

don't bother looking for Multi-GPU and USB3/SATA6 on P55 - its broken.

As for SLi, I'm using the MSI P-55 GD-65 and its been a fine performer.

Comment

Looks good, seem Aria is more expensive than elsewhere.
                      I must enquire...
                      Introducing, picard

Comment

Working...
                      X