Good motherboard replacement for i7 2nd generation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good motherboard replacement for i7 2nd generation

This was my original build: https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/QaBq4o5MdKJCazWQ-P4sWg,,

I've since added more RAM, changed ssd, got a newer gfx etc. Last few months my ethernet connection has been giving problems. I can connect fine with wifi but connecting with ethernet, most of the time it keeps telling me nothing is connected. Someone mentioned it is a mobo problem so I'm looking to replace the motherboard. What's a good 2nd generation one which supports win 10? It seems ebay doesn't have much choice. Anywhere else selling something that old?

buy ethernet network card?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

hmm..didn't think of that. I'll try that. Thanks!

Comment

Certainly cheapest option, had do it to older computer myself when lan port died on it.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

There was an issue with these boards and the network port.

IIRC an update of the Intel Management Firmware and the driver for the same cured it.

Mine didn't like staying connected to my netgear switch until i upgraded the firmware.
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
          X