Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet Adapter Cycling From Unplugged To Identify

Hi,

This morning my ethernet connection was working fine, i then had to unplug the ethernet cable because wires were tangled and then i simply replugged it back in. Since then Ive not maanged to get internet connection, on the network connections it cycles from being unplugged to identifying.

Tested

1. I tested the cable on my laptop and the cable connects to the internet fine.
    2. Restarted

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z97A GAMING 7 (MS-7916) O.E.M. 1.0
    Qualcomm Atheros network Controlle

Last edited by Khan; 01-01-18, 12:21.

Try setting the IP details statically (rather than dhcp).
    Failing that, go into Adapter Settings and disable/enable the ethernet adapter.
    If that fails, then actually delete the network adapter and reboot - windows will find it and re-initialise everything on boot up.

/edit: also tidied up the duplicate threads
    Last edited by Spaceboy; 01-01-18, 12:56.
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Restarted the modem/router too?
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

After rebooting the router, if you still don't have access try this: Open command prompt with admin and type: ipconfig /renew and press enter.

If this doesn't work, then type ipconfig and copy and paste the results.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Working...
        X