Announcement

Collapse

Password resets

See more
See less

What's up with the x399 TR4 motherboards stock availbility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the x399 TR4 motherboards stock availbility?

Bought a 1950x Threadripper to test on the render farm last week, have the chip but can't find any motherboards in stock anywhere. Is there a story somewhere that I'm missing? (noticed ASrock have a few available in various places but unfortunately I don't have enough experience with them to fully trust them for the render farm).

SteamID: powerfuse0
    Post + 1

Believe manufacturers struggling to make the boards for it, very complex. Shortages are globally too, not just the UK.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

The only ones I can find in the US at my preferred retailer is the Zenith Extreme and the Aorus 7.
      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

that is like buying a wedding ring without a wife is it not?

Comment

I hav had several Asrock boards and all have been rock solid ...
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
            Believe manufacturers struggling to make the boards for it, very complex. Shortages are globally too, not just the UK.
            Oh right I see, think we have 4 motherboards on order lol.

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
            that is like buying a wedding ring without a wife is it not?
            I guess, but I assumed there would be at least some in stock on week 1

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
            The only ones I can find in the US at my preferred retailer is the Zenith Extreme and the Aorus 7.
            Ah cool, we decided to avoid the Zenith because of it's price, hoping to fall around the 350 mark for whatever we get... lol

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
            I hav had several Asrock boards and all have been rock solid ...
            What do you do with your asrock boards? Because this is to go into a render farm that's on 24/7, overclocked and pushed to 100% load regularly for long periods of time. Need something very stable, so far found ASUS to be the most reliable, had 5 of the same x79 gigabyte boards all fail at around the same age previously so they've somewhat dropped in my estimations. Was the same part on every board too. They were very good about it though and repaired every one of them just for the cost of postage. But since then 2 have died again lol. So yeah, looking for something very robust.
            Post + 1

Comment

Well I dont have a render farm lol and can only say from a Gaming (ASUS 2011) and 24 x 7 home server (ASROCK 1155) and a surfing and shed PCs Both ASROCK 1 FM2 and 1 FM2+
              posted by scrivz69
              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Zero stock in the channel currently, very little enquiries, AMD have released a true pittance of stock.
                Originally posted by Aaron
                I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                  Zero stock in the channel currently, very little enquiries, AMD have released a true pittance of stock.
                  threadRIPper
                  Post + 1

Comment

Working...
                  X