No announcement yet.

Black Gigabyte boards! Goodbye Blue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks good, i can't see them ditching the blue scheme completely though.

Comment

me thinks lowered end boards will still be blue
      abit like with ROG motherboards (you pay a premium for the looks)
      Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

Looks awesome!

RIG 1 - CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4GHz | GPU: HIS 5770 1GB | RAM: 4GB DDR2 Samsung 800MHz | HDD: 500GB WD | SSD: None | PSU: Corsair CX500 v1 | CASE: Dell Inspiron 530
        RIG 2 - CPU: Intel i7 3770K | GPU: Gigabyte 7970 3GB OC | RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | HDD: 2TB Seagate | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | PSU: Corsair HX650 v2 80 Plus Gold | CASE: Corsair Carbide 500R

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=polnhn_NbgE

You're my boy blue! You're my boy...

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

looks pretty nice!
            Currently Do Not Have A Rig!

Comment

Hmm, I think I prefer the blue and white of the AM3 boards. But I agree that red is best, especially with a big side window and a red CCFL.

I like red at the bottom, like lava under the earth, where the graphics card is the crust of the earth and a blue CCFL at the top, like the sky.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

wow what goes on in your head Col ! some imagination mate
                Currently Do Not Have A Rig!

Comment

looks amazing!!!! about time too GIGABYTE imo ALL motherboards should have black PCBs

Comment

that is one seriously full rear panel on the GA-P67A-UD7

Gigabyte have always liked to do some very heavily loaded boards, and it appears the "everything and the kitchen sink" ethos is still there shame that miniFirewire socket wasnt a FW800 one though

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Love black mobos. Think when Sandybridge comes along and I am in the build mood again I am going to go for a colour coordinated windowed case machine again for a change. Hiding it all in the Fractal looks really nice, but I do miss looking at the tech too.
                      i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
                      ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
                      650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
                      Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

cut a window in your fractal case
                        Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                          that is one seriously full rear panel
                          TWSS

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                            that is one seriously full rear panel on the GA-P67A-UD7

That's one thing I like about Gigabyte - I never saw the point in leaving gaps in the back panel where something could so easily fit. That's one thing I'd change on my own motherboard if I could - there is a useless serial port on the back. I think I disabled it in BIOS because I have nothing that would use it, but it's such a big port, it could so easily be removed and replaced by four, or even eight, more USBs.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

serail ports are NOT useless if you have a UPS ... many of them still use RS232 communication, and some, like certain models of APC units do not allow full access into the mirky depths of it's bios/firmware/software without using a serial cable (i know because i had to do a reconfigure on the one i had to get it working from the right battery calculation table after i picked it up and replaced the battery)

I'm also a fan of ps2 mouse and keyboard sockets, i can see the advantage with mice, as they say there is a delay through the ps2 port sometimes or it's too slow etc etc, but i'm not a gamer, and i'd rather leave the USB ports for other things, and use the ps2 one's where i can, one of the reasons i switched back to a ps2 keyboard on my old mans pc, was because it gives me back a usb socket which i can use elsewhere and i have no fear of the keyboard refusing to work in bios or anything stupid like that, the combined either/or sockets are better than nothing i guess, but if like me you have a thumbtack ball and ps2 keyboard, your kinda screwed lol

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                              - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

I too like the PS2 keyboard port. Shame manufacturers cannot supply AT spec power to them.

My IBM Model M refuses to work on my MSI P45 board through the PS2 port.

Model M draws 112mA most modern keyboards only draw 1.2mA.
                                I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                                X