X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Agreed.

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.a...SubCat=MBD-462

Also check ebuyer.
    C2D E6300 : Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H : 2GB Corsair DDR2-667 : Sapphire X1650XT : 320GB Seagate 16MB 7200.10

Comment

Kingston do sell 1 GB RAM on Aria, but for my motherboard, they will only recommend up to 512 MB, which is confusing, as Crucial, for example, on their website state that the board can take 1 GB modules up to 2 GB DDR RAM. I know it can take 1 GB modules, I do not know why Kingston give out wrong information. But the 1.5 GB max might be correct, based on their own tests.

I am going to look into getting a new motherboard I think, as a fairly decent mobo would not cost too much and then sell the old one with the old RAM. Maybe even the CPU.

Sometimes upgrading just one component is not enough.

Comment

Yeah, personally I don't like Kingston memory. I'm a Corsair/Crucial guy myself.

Right about now is the perfect time to upgrade anyway. If you don't use your computer for high end gaming then you could get yourself a nice Socket 754 motherboard (MSI K8MM3-V looks great) and a Sempron 2800. I think the 2800 is currently on Aria for 32! Any higher and the Semprons become obselete because you can get Socket 939 Athlon 3200's+ for around 60.

If you want a Socket 939 motherboard, then ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 is the way to go. I presume you have an AGP graphics card although maybe you're using onboard video?

Good luck!
        C2D E6300 : Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H : 2GB Corsair DDR2-667 : Sapphire X1650XT : 320GB Seagate 16MB 7200.10

Comment

You updated the Bios yet?

Comment

Working...
          X