Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see on upcoming ASUS boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• express gate sounds like a extremely good thing and i suggest spreading it further in to the range using the on-board memory chip and allowing it to boot with out the need of windows.

This would be a BIG deciding factor.
    Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

• They did expand it further, into the cheaper range of boards, by using a HDD based version, to make it cheap enough to use in the lower price ranged boards, whilst maintaining something better for the higher end boards, problem is that kind of defeated some of the objective, ie the speed increase, and not only that, but it also caused mass confusion between the different versions.

I agree, it should be an add on option board to all of the range, then people could add it later if they wished ..... allowing it to run the basic splashtop instead of a restricted/limited/butchered OEM version might also be better !

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• splash top on a usb or pcie card would be just amazing even more so if it was bootable with out windows.
        Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

• Originally posted by f12f12 View Post
          splash top on a usb or pcie card would be just amazing
          even more so if it was bootable
          with out windows.
          It already is, albeit the OEM version, the card is hard mounted to a usb header on the motherboard between the PCIe sockets

It is bootable

Without windows might be the sticking point lol, not sure about that i guess i would have to unplug the HDD and try it, probably need to make sure bios was allowed to continue if not HDD detected at power on stage

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
          - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• how about a I3r0k3N7FEET

edition motherboard!
            Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 22-12-10, 02:01.

Comment

Working...
            X