Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a monitor or GPU fault?

Hi guys,

I've posted on here as my monitor, an Acer X34 was bought from Aria and I have a fault but I'm unsure if it is due to the monitor (by Acer, that wouldn't be a surprise) or if its my GPU, a 1080TI bought direct from Nvidia.

Here is a video of what happens.

https://youtu.be/q6AKX9JdoWk

Its a consistant fault that happens nearly every time you power up after a 30 min+ break.

I've reloaded my gpu drivers and tried a different cable and different display port socket on the gpu but these made no difference.

Any ideas?

Looks like a GPU/GPU memory fault to me.

Usually artifacts like that come up when the memory is overclocked too far or on its way out. If you have MSI afterburner (or something similar) installed, try down clocking the memory 100mhz and see if it still does it. If it does, run a HDMI cable to your TV and see if it still happens on your TV, if it does - its RMA time for your GPU buddy.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Yea looks like GPU to me also.
      GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

i would guess vram, try down clocking (like ian said) them both tbh to see if you can trigger it.
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

It's the newest drivers.

Mine did the same.

Download the beta drivers and it will fix the issue

Link to drivers:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4453

I know it says booting to black screen on notebooks, but it cured the same issue you are having for me.
          Last edited by luke22; 25-04-17, 01:12.

Comment

Working...
          X