Dell U3415W curved IPS monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell U3415W curved IPS monitor

Does anyone here have any experience with this monitor? In particular, I was curious about its suitability for gaming and the quality of the panel generally.

Don't have experience of this, but I've used plenty of Dell IPS monitors and we've had some of these curved models in the office (though not Dells, yet) and I'd expect the Dell U3415W to be great.

Comment

I'd also consider what types of gaming, and check the input lag out, as some of the Dells are a little more suited to video/photo versus a 144hz gaming panel.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3415w.htm
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Cheers Marsey,

19.8 input lag so no go for gaming IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
            Cheers Marsey,

19.8 input lag so no go for gaming IMHO
            Fine for gaming. I play a lot of CS on my U2713HM with what looks like similar results.
            i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The lag seems quite high. I might wait for the Asus PG348Q when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleMoxy View Post
                Thanks for the advice. The lag seems quite high. I might wait for the Asus PG348Q when it comes out.

i would get the freesync version and save 200 myself
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

I've got an Nvidia card; otherwise I would

Comment

Originally posted by TripleMoxy View Post
                    Due out end of October, middle of November the new Asus screens.

Comment

i think you can still trick the drivers into working with adaptive vsync without the gsync hardware
                      Plato

Comment

Working...
                      X