Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent gaming monitor

Hi Guys,

I'm currently on the prowl for a new gamingish monitor to replace my ageing 17" Viewsonic thing, i've been looking at the BenQ EW2440L as I really like the look of it and much prefer less bezel. Currently ive seen them for 140 cheapest but wouldn't mind some suggestions from you guys for any alternative solutions.

I currently mainly game on it and have programming assignments along with graphic work(Uni) if that helps you find something better. Also budget wise the max I would go is the 140 but a little more isn't too much of an ask.

Thanks for your help.
    Main Rig: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.9Ghz | Asus Z170-A | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 (2133Mhz) | Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 GTX |128Gb Samsung Evo SSD + 1TB Seagate |Frcatal design Define R5 White

What size are you looking for, just as big as possible, or you had something in mind?

Also have you considered 1440p, is resolution something that is important to you, or will 1080p be fine to suit your needs?
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
      What size are you looking for, just as big as possible, or you had something in mind?

Also have you considered 1440p, is resolution something that is important to you, or will 1080p be fine to suit your needs?
      Sorry. forgot to mention all of those things. Size wise i'm looking to not go bigger than 24" due to desk space and personal preference to size, with resolution if you can find something that is 1440p at 24" for a decent price then by all means throw it at me, otherwise 1080p will be fine as i'm currently on 1680x1050 so anything is an upgrade. With some more research I did fancy the Dell Ultrasharp U2414H but reviews seem to be off putting with it being a pain to setup.
      Main Rig: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.9Ghz | Asus Z170-A | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 (2133Mhz) | Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 GTX |128Gb Samsung Evo SSD + 1TB Seagate |Frcatal design Define R5 White

Comment

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Moni...roductId=62126

best screen near your budget imo dude
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
          https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Moni...roductId=62126

best screen near your budget imo dude
          Thanks , never even considered the AOC monitors, wasn't sure if they were a decent brand. With regards to the 144Hz vs 60Hz arguments, do you really notice the difference? I've quickly googled stuff and people say it does.

Comment

it is for people who can see it notice it. not everyone can the difference but not everyone has the same eyes, those who can find it hard to go back to lower hz screens.

it was the same back in the day with crt and its come back around with lcd.

i game at 110hz as i cant see anything past that myself
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

I consider getting a Asus monitor

Comment

If you have no decision, then you could look at this few http://pcgamerhome.com/best-monitor-for-gaming/

Comment

Working...
                X