Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can you tell me the official AOC dead or stuck pixel policy please, I am considering the G2460PQU at the moment, though Aria do not appear to have these in stock at the moment.
    I believe some manufacturers now offer a zero pixel fault, so I am curious what yours is

Comment

Originally posted by Yozzer View Post
      Hi, can you tell me the official AOC dead or stuck pixel policy please, I am considering the G2460PQU at the moment, though Aria do not appear to have these in stock at the moment.
      I believe some manufacturers now offer a zero pixel fault, so I am curious what yours is
      Hi Yozzer,

We do have a policy for dead pixels however lcoally on such a high end unit, if you have any dead pixels I would look to provide a swap out unit for you, just get in touch.

If you want to know what our policy is...i have no idea!! as any dead pixels is not good enough for AOC UK

Your 1st port of call should be our service centre and if you get a negative response, you need to contact me with the log ref

Hope this helps

Regards
      AOC

Comment

Many thanks for the quick reply, that is reassuring to know.

Comment

I purchased the AOC G2460PF monitor today from Aria and everytime I change the refresh rate to 144hz I get insane screen flickering. I'm using the latest AMD drivers on an RX470. What would be suggested I do? Return the monitor?
          Last edited by Smarf; 20-08-16, 23:09.

Comment

What cable are you using? That is most likely the problem.

To output 1080P at 144Hz, you would need to use a dual link DVI-D cable or a DisplayPort cable. The other alternative is to use a HDMI 1.3 cable (or higher).
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
              What cable are you using? That is most likely the problem.

To output 1080P at 144Hz, you would need to use a dual link DVI-D cable or a DisplayPort cable. The other alternative is to use a HDMI 1.3 cable (or higher).
              The Display Port cable that came with my monitor.

Comment

i would see if it is just the cable first, do you have any others you can test with?

i know it will depend on which card you have what out puts are open to you, but i am sure you got more than just 1 cable with it?
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                  i would see if it is just the cable first, do you have any others you can test with?

i know it will depend on which card you have what out puts are open to you, but i am sure you got more than just 1 cable with it?
                  Same issue with a DP cable that arrived today. The other outputs aren't able to hit 144hz refresh rates as far as I know?

Comment

They are.

The flickering may be caused by you not actually being able to get 144Hz out of your graphics card as it isn't pushing 144 or more frames per second. What happens on a game? Is it still flickering? Does it get better or worse?
                    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

They are.

The flickering may be caused by you not actually being able to get 144Hz out of your graphics card as it isn't pushing 144 or more frames per second. What happens on a game? Is it still flickering? Does it get better or worse?
                      The flickering is only on the desktop. When I'm playing something it doesn't appear. Any idea what may be going on?

Comment

Yeah, classic problem. It's all over Google searches.

It's due to the card downclocking to go into a low-power state. You can avoid it happening by turning these options off, but you lose power saving options then.

Comment

sounds like another driver based vgabios update is inbound
                          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                          Plato

Comment

Yeah, classic problem. It's all over Google searches.

It's due to the card downclocking to go into a low-power state. You can avoid it happening by turning these options off, but you lose power saving options then.
                            How would I go about doing that?
                            Also, is it safe for the card to not never be in a non low-power state?

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                            sounds like another driver based vgabios update is inbound
                            I assume this would be something video card drivers will contain?
                            Last edited by Smarf; 21-08-16, 20:00.

Comment

as long as the psu is quality and the card cool then it should have 0 issues in the high power state.

amd have fixed issues on the 480 via driver based updates, i imagine they will do the same for this if it is a major issue.

there are other software ways to do it too, i think trixx and afterburner both let you stop it clocking down, or they did anyway. been a while.
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X