Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Calibration : Spyder4Elite Request

Hello All

As you may be aware I have a Spyder4Elite that I've been asked to review. Now it's pretty pointless that I've only got one type of monitor to use it to calibrate, so I thought it would be a lot better to get you guys to test it with your screens, that way it's win win as you get professionally calibrated screens for the most accurate colour reproduction and I get a greater sample of screens tested on!

Now this bit of kit is fairly expensive and I'm primarily letting members borrow it that I know and trust, so for these reasons I'm only allowing members with 1000+ posts borrow it - I don't want another Jaffacake incident!

Currently Naphta is due to receive the gear, so if you wish to borrow it, drop a post in here. If you have any questions about it, then please either PM me or start a new thread.

Instructions are all included and it is a doddle to use.

The criteria to be eligible to borrow it is:

• 1000+ posts
    • You pay the postage costs to send on to another member - must be insured! and provide me with proof of postage!
    • Provide me with address and phone number
    • Keep the Spyder4Elite in pristine condition - including the packaging it comes in.
    • Only keep for 7 days.
    • Use my details to register the software (serial key provided)
    • Provide me with details of use, monitor used on and general thoughts
    • I will PM the member who currently has the Spyder with the address to pass it on to.

I can't see this being an issue with the Aria Business, although I guess it could be if I start taking deposits? I'll go on trust for now, but would like it if the mods could discuss this to see if it's a viable option.

Waiting List:

naphta
    wuyanxu
    j07cmt
    wonderlust
    DoubleTop -Skipped
    Avro
    Seb
    Omega
    Gavbon - Skipped
    Silver_noob
    msparsons
    Cypher
    Radial
    Bigian
    Last edited by FlasH; 15-07-13, 11:16.
    Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Was going to officially register my interest in here but I'm way off the post count
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Very generous, and highly recommended for people with multiple screens.
      I borrowed a gizmo off a guy at work as I could never get my 2 screens to look quite the same, worked wonders

not registering interest, just expressing gratitude anyway
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Would it work on a laptop? Or rather would I be able to adjust my laptop display?

If yes, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

please put me down on the list. can pay a deposit as well. my monitor has been 2 years since its factory calibration.
          i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
          X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

Would love to, but as I can't afford lunch at the moment, luxuries such as this will have to wait
            Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

I would like to be included please.
              I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

I've got a couple of new calibrated Dell monitors, they ship the calibration in notes in the box.

Happy to compare for you what they are now I've set them up in my lighting environment, would need some guide on what the heck I'm doing though. My monitor calibration on dual screens is simple, a massive width word doc of numerous colours bars across the expanded desktop.
                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Monitor Calibration : Spyder4Elite Request

Love to try it on the tv I use for my pc.
                  Put me down please.
                  Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                  Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Might I suggest all of you that get it keep a copy of the CD key and Flash's log in details for future use - should you restore your PC or move to a new one you need the software to actually restore the calibration (its done through a permanent active application, not a one time modification). Only downside to it really, will get you a proper mini-review ASAP flash...busy few days

Comment

I would like to join the queue if possible, and happy to pay full deposit too.

Comment

Who is getting it next?

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                        i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                        Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Don't mind giving it a go matey. Add me on if you need another test subject.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmalas View Post
                            I would like to join the queue if possible, and happy to pay full deposit too.
                            If you do, I'm in too
                            Originally posted by coiler
                            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                            Originally posted by BigIan88
                            turn off that sexy nonsense
                            Originally posted by Salad Soup
                            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Re: Monitor Calibration : Spyder4Elite Request

Still just sitting here with it.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                              i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                              Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Working...
                              X