Lag on New TV/Monitor HDMI vs VGA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag on New TV/Monitor HDMI vs VGA

I just bought a 100hz AOC tv 32" for use as a monitor but when I plu pc into the hdmi connection I experience a slight lag whilst using the mouse. THe vga is fine though but I think the picture is slightly better on HDMI.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and is there anyway of getting around it ?

in windows or like in a fps game? tried turning off vsync?

Comment

Not sure but it could be the hdmi cable - is it gold plated?
      MSI Z77A-GD65 | i5 3570k | 8GB Mushkin Blackline | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | 2TB WD Black | MSI 660ti Power Edition | Zalman Z11 Plus

Comment

Originally posted by slater View Post
        Not sure but it could be the hdmi cable - is it gold plated?
        This one

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Cables/HDMI%2FMonitor+Cables/HDMI+Cable%2C+Version+1.4%2C+1.8+meter+?productId= 38736

Originally posted by uyr View Post
        in windows or like in a fps game? tried turning off vsync?
        Both in windows and game, vsync is turned off in game, can you turn it off in windows? I dont even know what that is.

Comment

Some TV's just have a lag,

On mine, via a dvd player, one output to the tv, one to the hifi, the hifi sound comes out early, meaning that the tv has a lag.

VGA should be fine if i'm honest

Comment

MEH! i have a tv as my monitor and i have similar problems so annoying i had to use vga as hdmi made it fuzzy, and laggy and also look horrible. Tvs are not cut out to be monitors.

RANT OVER sorry

(yes i gone from my 15 inc monitor to my 22" tv till the end of the mount when i get one or 2 )

Comment

not sure how it effects windows, ive no experience with hdmi stuff, just speaking from past experiences with input lag and fps, just try force vsync off in your ati/nvidia driver settings. but like smifis said it might be just the tv although i would have thought something at 100hz would eliminate any such lag.

Comment

its funny, I have a 40inch samsung tv that ive had for prob 4 or 5 years now and that has no lag at all through the hdmi on our mediacnetre pc running win7.

Im pretty annoyed as i spent 327 on this but at least i have the vga.

Comment

Working...
                X