Just bought a new 'monitor'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new 'monitor'

I went and picked up my 'new monitor' today, I say new but it's in perfect condition and has seen about a years use at most.

It's an LG Flatron M2262D Full HD 1920x1080p TV/Monitor and is sexy as hell in the flesh. I bought the monitor to kill two birds, so to speak, as I'm getting rid of an old 14" portable that had my freeview box installed on it.

So, I take my old damaged monitor and replace it with the new one and reconnect the HDMI Cable. It automatically resets the resolution to 1920x1080 as default but it won't stretch to the full screen - all four edges. I know it shouuld be just a case of fiddling with the menus but i've tried all settings and nothing has rectified the problem and the only setting that comes close to it actually zooms in on the desktop making it look distorted.

What am I doing wrong here?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Have you tried connecting Via DVI/VGA rather than HDMI (assuming the LG has them)? Sometimes TVs touted as monitors have specifically "PC" channels associated with those ports
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
      Have you tried connecting Via DVI/VGA rather than HDMI (assuming the LG has them)? Sometimes TVs touted as monitors have specifically "PC" channels associated with those ports
      I haven't tried that yet, i'll give it a go once I find a DVI cable, not too sure I have one tbh. I think I gave it away to my friends son when I gave him my last setup... Time to go hunting methinks...

Cheers for the advice!

Comment

Err I don't know about that model but my M227WDP Monitor/TV's manual states that the HDMI port is not meant for PC use:-

Although on one of mine, (I have 2) where the PC is only used for films/TV and nothing else I use a PC connected via HDMI and just set the Monitors Aspect Ratio to Just scan and used ATI's scalling to get it correct.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
          Err I don't know about that model but my M227WDP Monitor/TV's manual states that the HDMI port is not meant for PC use:-

Although on one of mine, (I have 2) where the PC is only used for films/TV and nothing else I use a PC connected via HDMI and just set the Monitors Aspect Ratio to Just scan and used ATI's scalling to get it correct.
          That's done it!

Thank you very much for the help mate. It's worked a treat!

Comment

Has yours got Divx playback enabled?

If not if you check out the AVForums there is the info on enabling the USB port to play Divx/Xvids got one of mine unlocked, didn't bother on the other as it's always connected to a PC
            I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

Haven't even got that far mate. Still fiddling with it's settings and what not.

I have to say though, I just played Monsters Inc which was a Blu Ray copy and it was amazing looking. Very nice indeed!

Comment

Had my oldest model since Nov 2009 and 1080P looks excellent, although I cannot tell the difference between that and 720p most of the time.

IMHO its way better than my friends 37" JVC 720p set, especially when it comes to SD content.

With the exception of the HDMI issues and it being a little slow to switch between inputs I am extremely happy with mine

Comment

glad to see your back on course to having a proper gaming computer tainted
                  Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
                  Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

Yeah don't knock this one over lol
                    posted by scrivz69
                    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

I'll try not to!

Now I'm trying to work out what to do with the damaged monitor as I could use it out of the way. It's got a cracked screen at the bottom about the size of a fist which is all blacked-out and a couple of minor scratches on the screen but the rest is perfect.

Comment

Try connecting it up if it works ...it works lol then use it as Internet monitor
                        posted by scrivz69
                        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                          Try connecting it up if it works ...it works lol then use it as Internet monitor
                          It does work. I've been using it since I built my rig up and had it running perfectly, I've just bought the LG monitor so I'm using that at the minute. I'm looking for another 5770 to Xfire my existing one, so that should be a pretty nice set-up.

Comment

Working...
                          X