Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Dell 24 S2417DG bug

Hi forum,

Bought a Dell S2417DG about a month ago. Had this strange bug since then. I run it as my primary monitor with a second 1080p monitor. Just sat down and unlocked my PC to the bug again. A vertical slit from the centre of my screen is cut and ends up at the LHS of my display. I'm connected through DP via 1070. I've spend the time going through the monitor script with Dell and now have a replacement on the way.

Out of interest, has anyone seen this kind of issue before? I struggled to find any information about it.

Image:

Can you reproduce it reliably, or does it just come and go? What happens if you move something which is already on the screen (like a folder/explorer window etc) over the line?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Can you reproduce it reliably, or does it just come and go? What happens if you move something which is already on the screen (like a folder/explorer window etc) over the line?
      Not reproducible reliably, at least I haven't found a way. It's something that happens about twice a week. Bugged left region updates with the rest of the screen. centre remains clipped.

Comment

Does it do it on other monitors? (if you've got a second one to try?)

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Does it do it on other monitors? (if you've got a second one to try?)
          New panel seems fine so far. Really impressed with Dell support, they got a new panel to me next day. Just took the panel off the stand and swapped it at the door for a new one. 10/10

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Working...
            X