Samsung monitor with dead line of pixels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung monitor with dead line of pixels

I'm looking at purchasing 2 Samsung CFG7 monitors and two have come up on facebook. Both have the same problem of a dead line of pixels, one horizontal and one vertical.
    Has anyone tried to fix anything like this before? Wondered if they are worth a low offer or are they scrap?

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Worth a punt if you can get them cheap. You could try some of those pixel fix videos that flick between colours for a set amount of time to try and force the pixel to wake up.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

It just seems strange that a whole line can go, from side to side and also top to bottom (on different screens)
      They are up for 199 each (350 new) but in that condition they are worth more like 50 each

On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

If it was one or two pixels, then a fix might be worth a shot.

As it's an entire line, I'd say your chances of success are very small, as that sounds line something more fundamentally wrong with the panel. The fact it's on two of them would also make me question whether there was any physical damage to the screen/panel which would cause that to happen..

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Same seller, Looks like they refurb stuff but they have the boxes for them. They are less than 6 months old so not sure how this can happen and why didnt they send them back to Samsung to fix?

Comment

Yeah - that would be my main course of action if I were to take a punt on them. RMA to manufacturer and see if they'll swap out for new ones.

It's a massive punt though, and a route that I would have thought they would have already taken.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
              I'm looking at purchasing 2 Samsung CFG7 monitors and two have come up on facebook. Both have the same problem of a dead live of pixels, one horizontal and one vertical.
              Has anyone tried to fix anything like this before? Wondered if they are worth a low offer or are they scrap?
              Good luck fixing that. I had a monitor with a dead line - and I learned that no one can fix that.

Comment

Working...
              X