Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crucial Ballistix - superb warranty service!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucial Ballistix - superb warranty service!

Just thought I'd put a thread up, because after the dismal warranty support I've had from Asus and especially Verbatim lately, I though a bit of singing of praises would make a change for me

Anyway, I've had a pair of 1GB DDR2 Ballistix sticks for a few years, unfortunately, I recently started getting BSOD's, did a bit of diagnostics which pointed to a fault with one of the sticks.
    Got in touch with Crucial support about it, no hassle at all, as soon as they confirmed I'd done a little diagnostics they gave me an RMA number almost straight away, and asked me to send both sticks back as they'd been bought as a matched pair.

I got confirmation as soon as they recieved them, along with an e-mail explaining they no longer offer the original Ballistix type I had - pity as I liked the gold and silver scheme they had going, ah well - my rig is a heap anyway so not a worry!
    Apparently they'd moved over to double density modules since then, so they asked to send the motherboard model so they could check compatibility, and if need be try to source some old sticks, or check myself.

That being done and confirmed they'd be okay, I got an automated e-mail the very next day saying my new sticks were being shipped, and a note on the bottom that because the new sticks were not the same as the old ones they would compensate me instead.
    Next morning, 2 x 2GB sticks of RAM arrived

So, just a thread to give the guys at Crucial support a big for flawless, hassle-free service.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 20-11-13, 14:37.

Nice, can't fault that at all

Perfect customer support!
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

A little effort goes a long way......and nice result on the double up lol..
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Definately, I know who's getting my custom when it's DDR4 time

Comment

yeah, that makes me even more comfortable recommending these, i wonder if you could get such speedy service if they were say only a few weeks old ? their service turn around time was very very good, i think probably better than most retailers can do.
          Also makes me happier that i chose those for my dads machine

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
          - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
          X