Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aria CS helping me out or simply telling me porkies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria CS helping me out or simply telling me porkies?

My friend ordered a selection of parts the other day, one being some Mushkin RAM that then went out of stock.

I phoned up today to get the RAM replaced and was originally looking at:

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=51265

However, the man on the phone quickly suggested that Excelram tended to fail a lot and that he'd do me

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=45516

for £59.99, which was nice of him.

So, is Excelram genuinely dodgy or are Aria trying to sell me £60 RAM rather than £45?

Got 2 kits of exceleram here (1600mhz 2x4gb) with the same white heatsink and both have been flawless.
    Specced a number of systems with the same kits when it was in stock and didn't see any issues.

No idea if the 1333mhz differs greatly but considering the 10 years warranty I'd definitely give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Was actually looking at those myself earlier
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Toonshorty View Post
      So, is Excelram genuinely dodgy or are Aria trying to sell me £60 RAM rather than £45?

The profit margin would not be all that different i would guess so he just offering you and alternative, tho he was very wrong to make that comment even if it is true, dont think Aria or there customers want to her that kinda talk after they just parted with there hard earn cash for it.

Comment

speaking from personal experience, we did have quite a bad batch I believe a while back which was most likely why you were recommended away from it.

cannot speak from the new batch as i believe it is very new in.
        Overkill Media Rig
        Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ Stock | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Red 1866 C11 | 240GB Crucial M500 | 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda Media Drives + 1x 2TB 2.5" Games/Scratch Drive | Gigabyte GTX 780 OC (Titan Cooler) | EVGA Hadron Air w/ PSU
        | 46" Samsung Full HD 3D TV

Gaming Rig
        Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ 4.90GHz - Will Get 5GHz!! | ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1866 C10 | Corsair H100i | 2x OCZ 120GB SSD RAID 0 - Windows 8.1 | 80GB Intel SSD - Windows 10 Developer Preview | MSI Gaming GTX 770 2-Way SLi | Corsair AX 860i Platinum PSU | Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Case | Dell Ultrasharp Monitor

Comment

I've used excelram in a few systems, never had a problem with it... That being said, given the choice of excel or corsair, I'd go for the corsair. So, I'd say he did you a favour
          Last edited by FunkY; 03-10-13, 18:18.
          Why did the chicken cross the road?
          To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I've had a couple of 1333MHz sticks die on me in the past, haven't used anything recently though! Of course, you get what you pay for...
            Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

I have those exact same XMS3's still going strong 2.5 years later
              Originally posted by omega
              He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
              All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

Working...
              X