Ram Timings Completely out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Timings Completely out?

Hi, just got my CH3 up and running, set the ram speed to 1600mhz in the bios, i noticed in everest its reporting the timings as 11-11-11-29 T1 (timings are on auto in the bios)

Here's what i've got

shouldn't be out that much should it?

nvm, manually set them, i've also noticed my idle power consumption is 30w less than before.
    CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

auto baically scales the timings up.. manually settings things is so much better..

ive heard that if you really know your stuff with all the ram settings you can optimise the memory perfectly and get some pretty amazing performance out of your memory.. though thats only really in benches...

Comment

try using the xmp profile if the ram supports it,
      my ram auto sets to 9-9-9-28 2t even though it can easily do 20005mhz 8-8-8-20 1t at stock volts.

Comment

Ah, thanks for your replies. got a problem, some programs won't even work, steam, windows live messenger, both give the X has stopped working. power dvd randomly crashes. haven't installed anything else as i want to know what's causing the app crashes. even gone back to dual core mode with memory set to auto at 1333mhz and still the same.

only thing i can think of doing is running mem test or just re-install windows again.

Edit: I even updated to the latest Bios as there was a newer one stating "improve stability with certain cpus".

Edit2: Nvm I disabled all startup programs and it seams to be fine now. < ATI tray tools was the cause
        Last edited by Zaim; 16-11-10, 20:46. Reason: updated
        CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Working...
        X