Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty RAM

Please see profile for computer specs.

In my computer at the minute, I have one stick of Hypertec Hyperam 2GB PC3-10666 1333Mhz single channel. I bought another stick of exactly the same RAM but I think it's faulty.

I've tried the new RAM in every slot together with the original RAM, each time the computer started to boot but shut down before reaching the motherboard splash screen. After a few seconds, it would try to boot up again etc.

I've also tried the new RAM in every slot after taking the original RAM out, but it does the same thing.

Please help!

try a cmos reset by turning off the PSU on the switch and taking the cmos battery on your motherboard out for about 10 minutes then put it back in and try
    Liquid Ninja(WIP): Intel i7 5960X, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury Black, ASUS X99 Deluxe, GTX980, SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, CM HAF Stacker, Custom Water cooling, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Red 3TB x2 ASUS, Xonar Phoebus Solo, Logitech X-530, 3x Dell U2312HM

Comment

if the new stick wont post on its own when the old stick of the same spec does it sounds like its faulty to me.

rma time i think
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Faulty memory, no doubts, return it to where you bought it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've applied for a RMA, just waiting for a reply.

Comment

Just to confirm that your new RAM has the same timings as your old RAM, and that your haven't manually set the timings/voltage in the BIOS? Might be worth a final check before it goes? Sometimes you have to manually set the voltage as the motherboard can default to something incorrect.

Worth a shot surely

BFM
            Fractal Designs Define XL; Intel i5 2500k; Antec Kuhler 920; 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM; XFX HD5850;
            Corsair TX750M PSU; ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3; Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD; Intel 320 120GB SSD; 2 x Samsung 1TB
            & Loving it

Comment

Working...
            X