Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD error memory management

Hi there,

I don't know how to say this, its a long story. Around January time I got what I believed to be a rootkit on my PC. It would blue screen, couldn't open any antivirus, download any files, run any windows utilities. Well, I've noticed I've had games, namely GTA 5, crash on me like all the time. (It usually runs fine). Today, when I only had three tabs open, I tried to open youtube. It gave me an "aww snap" error. I tried to clear cache in Chrome "aww snap" again. I try to run msched.exe. Won't open. Run sfc/scannow. Finds corrupt file CBS.log? I restart, and the PC BSODs on me. "Memory managment".

I'm weary it may be related to the rootkit before, as I couldn't open programs then. Everything else works fine. I'm still using the secondary drive I had when I had the rootkit. Any ideas?

Specs

i5 4460
    Gigabyte Z97 D3H
    HyperX FURY 1x8GB 1600mhz DDR3
    EVGA W1 500W
    ASUS OC Edition GTX 750 Ti
    60GB SSD (can't remember name, was spare to replace old 120GB that had rootkit)
    WD 1TB Caviar Blue

QWERTYK!

long time no see!

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
      QWERTYK!

long time no see!
      Surprised I'm still remembered.....

Comment

Remembered?
        You are infamous around here. A legend (kind of)

I remember the probs you had before. Wasn't there something you had to bend to get it to fit when making the PC?
        Originally posted by coiler
        the trails is where life flows best
        Originally posted by coiler
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
          Remembered?
          You are infamous around here. A legend (kind of)

I remember the probs you had before. Wasn't there something you had to bend to get it to fit when making the PC?
          Haha!. Yeah, something to do with BSODs when I put it to sleep? I had a rootkit, and replaced the SSD with a spare. Never had any more problems. Although it may be to do with me flashing the BIOS (first time :-)) Anyway, as I said, is this a RAM issue or something else? Windows memory diagnostic comes back fine, ever since that rootkit I'm a bit nervy when it comes to issues like this. I would happily replace RAM, except its expensive as hell and DDR3 seems quite hard to get at the moment.

Comment

Download and put this on a CD or USB pen, boot from and leave running for 4-5 hours, report back how many errors you get

http://www.memtest.org/download/5.01...+-5.01.iso.zip
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Working...
            X