Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the best ways to upgrade a laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will do

still open for more suggestions if any1 has any

Comment

RAM, HDD are the only things you can usually upgrade... laptops are useless for expansion of any sort.
      Jon
      AMD Phenom II 720BE 2.8gHz @ 3.6gHz | TRUE & Noctua 120mm
      Biostar ta790gx3 a2+ | 4gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
      Asus geForce GTX460 768mb - 22" LED monitor @ 1920x1080
      Samsung 850 250 GB SSD | Antec 300 | OCZ modXstream 500W

Comment

alrite then calm down

Comment

I wasn't tense :s

Just letting you know that you're probably already at the limit of what you can upgrade. It's just the nature of laptops, unfortunately, that they're very specific in what hardware you can change.
          Jon
          AMD Phenom II 720BE 2.8gHz @ 3.6gHz | TRUE & Noctua 120mm
          Biostar ta790gx3 a2+ | 4gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
          Asus geForce GTX460 768mb - 22" LED monitor @ 1920x1080
          Samsung 850 250 GB SSD | Antec 300 | OCZ modXstream 500W

Comment

Depending on what you need from the laptop in the long run it ends up being more cost effective to save for a newer spec. Though Ram, ext. hard drive, back up and soon enough Windows 7...easy upgrades with minimal effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Audigex View Post
              I wasn't tense :s

Just letting you know that you're probably already at the limit of what you can upgrade. It's just the nature of laptops, unfortunately, that they're very specific in what hardware you can change.
              Unfortunately what Aud says is correct, it's the price you pay for portability. General rule of thumb is Memory & Hard Drive are usually the main 2 things you can upgrade. However a good Clean of your OS goes along way too...
              The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...

Comment

It gives it that sparkly new feeling...until you realise you've forgot to back up a certain file!
                A friend of mine went through this motion with her photos and final draft of her dissitation.
                Rule - Always back up your data, so worth investing in an external hard drive no matter what...Aria sell some decent priced ones lol .

Comment

I keep all 'My Documents' including desktop on a separate partition or hard drive from the OS, it's fairly easy to change the target location of your My Documents foders.

That way everything is automatically safe if I have to reinstall my OS.

Comment

I remember deciding to transfer all my files over to a slave, turned on my pc one day, surge hit it took out my C drive and was thankful I used a separate hard drive for OS and files.

Comment

NECRO

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
                        NECRO
                        What necro??
                        Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Comment

The thread necro'd

Comment

Stick Puppy Linux on it. Goes like s*** off a stick. Unfortunately, the default theme looks like it too. Great if you're just running Firefox on an old laptop tho.

Comment

Working...
                            X