Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop

I'm looking for a project.

After sorting out my finances and booking my holiday, i realised i had some spare cash sitting around.

Basically i'm looking to build a Laptop, As i want it to be specific to my every need.

Before i get into specs and budet, is this actually possible?

Yeah. You can actually buy bare bones laptops and put your own memory, CPU,graphics etc into it. Although it could well end up costing more than buying an off the shelf laptop instead
    Gaming Rig: C2D E8400 @ 3.85GHz : Biostar TPower I45 : 4GB of something, I forget what : 4870 512MB DDR5 : X-Fi
    Media Rig: C2D E2160@ 1.86GHz : 2GB PC5300 : Palit 8800GTS 320MB : SB Audigy 2

Comment

[Removed at the request of the author]

Comment

Re:

[quote:09f33c6391=\"PrivatePyle@Work\"]CUSTOM PC did a wicked article about DIY lappies mate. If I can find my copy I'll post it to you.[/quote:09f33c6391]

That's where I read about it
        Gaming Rig: C2D E8400 @ 3.85GHz : Biostar TPower I45 : 4GB of something, I forget what : 4870 512MB DDR5 : X-Fi
        Media Rig: C2D E2160@ 1.86GHz : 2GB PC5300 : Palit 8800GTS 320MB : SB Audigy 2

Comment

[Removed at the request of the author]

Comment

Nice one dude that would be awesome

Basically a mate wants to buy a laptop i picked up on the cheap off me. For more than i actually paid for it so if i sell then ill have a bit of cash remaining.

So im looking for for a Core Duo Laptop really, with some sparkly graphics. Atleast a GB of Memory, 40GB+ HDD, Wireless built in.

Then i want to design my own shell for it, so it will be the bees knees

Comment

Working...
            X