Decent all round laptop @ 1000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent all round laptop @ 1000

After being attacked by a gang of youths on my way home from work, I am no longer able to work due to the injuries I suffered. Mountain biking was one of my passions but they took my Whyte 909 my mobile ,My rucksack containing my laptop and tablet broke my ribs and jaw and kicked most of my teeth out.

However I want to move on and buy a reasonably priced laptop that can do such as NFS DIRT etc depending on whether I get any money from compo I can afford approx 1500
    Last edited by carruthers; 03-08-16, 19:45.

Jesus dude, that sounds horrific

Comment

Ouch.

Usual questions about your use of the laptop. Gaming and heavy graphics use imply a more powerful beast. Office stuff less so.

Touchscreen?

Screen size?
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Sorry for the late reply as I have been backwards and forwards to the hospital all week, however I don't require touchscreen and the gaming won't be too intensive as the games I like aren't exactly up to date ie dirt need for speed etc. Screen size 15.6 inch as it will be more portable and give me better graphics I would imagine ?

Thank you everyone

Comment

Check out the Dell XPS 15, solid bit of kit and the specs plus build quality are great for the money.
          Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
          Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
          i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was actually looking at the Dell XPS range Sarky and for the money they do seem quite good. I was also looking at the MSI range but maybe a little overkill for what I require.

Comment

Where abouts do you live, that sounds ridiculous?!
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Dewsbury West Yorkshire , police were not interested in case it upset the local Pakistani community. I was born and bred in the area but was forced out by the riots in the 1980's but ended up getting a job yards away from my old house.

Comment

Working...
                X