Well, I know that I love its core
    'Cause I saw it dancin' years before
    Should I even try to save it
    Or just buy something less ****
    It was lovely and snappy when it's speed was higher
    But now it's just useless and dire
    Do I buy a Kindle Fire?
    And accept the Nexus died?

(just so you know, this is a genuine question. My Nexus is worse than useless. Before I buy something else, can they be saved?)
    Last edited by cruciate; 14-03-16, 11:39.
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Nexus 4, 5, 7? (I'm assuming Nexus 7..)
    Last edited by Aaron; 14-03-16, 11:46.

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Yeah, correct Nexus 7 1st gen (2012)
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Same situation as mine then..

Download nrt by wugfresh, and roll it back a few versions. You can choose what build you want to use on it. It's a great bit of software and has made mine useable again!

Comment

My tab 2 10" is getting the same, feels very sluggish nowadays. Guess it is getting on for 4 years old though.

Comment

I'll be doing something drastic to my Tab 2 too - it has got insanely slow of late. I expect there's a nice slim ROM on XDA developers site which will suit...probably lots for the Nexus 7 as well
            Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Looking at new models, it seems the boom of tablets has definitely slowed, manufacturers don't seem to be pumping new models out at the same rate they were a few years ago.

Comment

+rep just for the excellent help request thread.

The last few updates on my LG G Pad have slowed it to a crawl as well, might try find a good ROM for it.
                Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
                Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
                i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Do any of you play with the developer options and change the animation speed from 1x to 0.5x, it helps it feel a bit snappier.

I also recommend giving Novalaucher a try, I play with the options so it looks more like stock skin but its dramatically faster than the standard skin (touchwiz?)
                  i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I've messed with dev options which improved moving around the homescreen bit a lot.
                    But as soon as I open an app it slows to a crawl again.

Interestingly, its way better if I disable wifi. Even apps with no internet needed run faster.

I have done all the other things a google recommends, like disabling location (gps).

Nova launcher again made the home screen good, but still no good when apps open

Comment

What is slow specifically? Launching/Loading of the apps or app performance in general (once its launched)?
                      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Load an app - say plex. The screen goes black. Wait 2 mins and plex homescreen has loaded. Click on anything and it highlights it, but nothing happens.
                        Wait another 5 minutes or so and suddenly everything feels like it should.

Same with less demanding apps - the play store. Loads up, but takes 3-4 minutes to load up, but then functions fine.
                        From what I've read the more recent versions of Android expect 2GB of RAM and its the way it handles dumping memory from the RAM that causes it to stall.

Comment

Mine had gotten very sluggish and then one day last year it just refused to boot up properly. Ended up doing a full wipe/reset that got it working again and it has been much better since then. This is probably in part because I didn't reinstall all the apps that I previously downloaded but never used

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Yeah mine did the same, but even a full wipe/reset didn't fix the sluggishness. It was better, but nowhere near as snappy as it used to be.

Rolled back to Android 4.something, and everything is nice again

Comment

Did you get a chance to try this yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X