• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon recalls Fire tablet power adapters in UK and Ireland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35709671

Oh great...http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....10-quot-tablet
    I guess i better get a replacement charger then

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Its a simple USB charger isn't it?
    I'm sure you have another somewhere and Amazon will send you a new one straight away.
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Yeah I got my daughter one for Christmas. Charger is probably still in the box since I used my phone charger all the time. I bought mine from Argos so I probably have to bring it back there.

Comment

Let me guess, do they burst into flames?
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I bought 2 direct from amazon in the black friday sales when they were a crazy 35, took 10 minutes to side load play store and get rid of the advertising. Just checked the chargers which are still in the box, serial numbers don't match. I did read that amazon will e-mail you if you are affected so it does not look like they are all affected. I'll just take the 12 if they do offer a replacement.

Comment

Never even used mine to the point of not even remembering it came with one

After a bit of digging found it and its got the right model number. I think ill be taking that 12.

Comment

Do you guys just charge yours from the computer then? It's painfully slow to charge from the PC but it doesnt matter to me as for my application i can leave it connected.

Originally posted by Aria
              On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

some mobo dont throw full power out the usb dude, i've had to install software to make some mobo do it.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

I used my wall mobile charger as it was already there.

Comment

Double post-

Finally got a bubble envelope in the mail yesterday, with pretty much "insert your old adapter and mail it back to us free of charge"

.... It doesn't have a address, prepay stamp or anything, just a plain white envelope.

Comment

Sounds a bit rubbish.

Surprised tbh, I've had to return a couple of Kindle (e-ink models) in the past and found that they were generally very good with supporting their own products (other products is a different story, generally they try very hard to push you to the manufacturer if it's more than 3 months after purchase).

Comment

Originally posted by Lacoot View Post
                        Double post-

Finally got a bubble envelope in the mail yesterday, with pretty much "insert your old adapter and mail it back to us free of charge"

.... It doesn't have a address, prepay stamp or anything, just a plain white envelope.
                        You should be able to go on your Amazon account and print off a returns label.
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                        X